The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7

1 minute ago, Snowman11 said:

Trump's  lawyer is talking right now

The Trump campaign  is pissed

Time for the lawsuits to begin

Biden could have won by a landslide and the lawsuits would have come anyway.  Trump’s been trying to delegitimize this election ever since he had concerns he’d lose and he’s been threatening lawsuits for a long time.  Lawsuits are what he does. 

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s to hoping the next time we have a 296 page thread, we are tracking a HECS within 96 hours on all models. 

Btw... this is a great core group of political junkies we have posting in here. It’s been very informative and we’ve been... mostly well behaved... present company excluded.  Wanted to thank everyone

No, I suck too.  You know why?   Because we’re all in this together.   I’m an American first - I am only as good or as bad as the best or the worst American.   It’s not “

Posted Images

Just now, Jason said:

Biden could have won by a landslide and the lawsuits would have come anyway.  Trump’s been trying to delegitimize this election ever since he had concerns he’d lose and he’s been threatening lawsuits for a long time.  Lawsuits are what he does. 

I sincerely doubt he would have sued anyone if Biden was way ahead in those states.

For one thing, in order to sue a lawyer has to be willing to take the case.  A lawyer isn't going to take a case that's an automatic loss.

Just now, Analog96 said:

I sincerely doubt he would have sued anyone if Biden was way ahead in those states.

For one thing, in order to sue a lawyer has to be willing to take the case.  A lawyer isn't going to take a case that's an automatic loss.

Agree to disagree? 🙂

I actually get the lawsuits by Trump . He has the right. I’m just not sure courts will overturn this. Trump could after all have helped set things up so this Would not have happened. The Govs too. Unless Trump or any candidate can prove fraud.   I just don’t see the courts overturning results especially if the margine is over 5K. 

4 minutes ago, MI Storm said:

I actually get the lawsuits by Trump . He has the right. I’m just not sure courts will overturn this. Trump could after all have helped set things up so this Would not have happened. The Govs too. Unless Trump or any candidate can prove fraud.   I just don’t see the courts overturning results especially if the margine is over 5K. 

^

3 minutes ago, MI Storm said:

As PA Attorney General just said:
"They seem to want to continue to run a rhetorical campaign and I would just say the campaign is over, the votes were cast and now we have to count and respect the will of the people. I'm not going to let anyone stop that process of counting. These are legal votes, they will be counted. There is transparency baked into the system."

On 11/5/2020 at 10:44 AM, MI Storm said:

The lawsuits were always coming because of the changes to same day election law during Covid.

That should have told everyone this would be contested. 

The 6 States under 2 % always made sense therefore I always saw the lawsuits coming. 

Does it change anything  ? 

No but now you're putting another hand in the pot to stir. 

Just now, mcscrew said:

As PA Attorney General just said:
"They seem to want to continue to run a rhetorical campaign and I would just say the campaign is over, the votes were cast and now we have to count and respect the will of the people. I'm not going to let anyone stop that process of counting. These are legal votes, they will be counted. There is transparency baked into the system."

and...

"They went to court multiple times in the run up to the election to try to change the rules. If they want to go to court again we'll meet them there and win again to make sure all these votes are legally counted."

GOP Senate wins wreak havoc on Biden transition plans

Republicans' likely hold on the Senate is forcing Joe Biden's transition team to consider limiting its prospective Cabinet nominees to those who Mitch McConnell can live with, according to people familiar with the matter.

Why it matters: The new Senate political math could dash the ambitions of some Democrats, including those who have clashed with Republicans.

• It could push Biden to go with more centrist options, like Lael Brainard for Treasury or Tony Blinken for State, sources tell Axios.
  • Susan Rice and Stacey Abrams could be early casualties, depending on McConnell's posture.
  • But it could also open paths for others, like Sen. Chris Coons, who could benefit from a tradition of senatorial courtesy for quick confirmations of nominees within its ranks.

A source close to McConnell tells Axios a Republican Senate would work with Biden on centrist nominees but no "radical progressives" or ones who are controversial with conservatives.

https://www.axios.com/gop-senate-biden-transition-50ebe6c8-e318-4fdb-b903-048908b3b954.html

1 minute ago, mcscrew said:

and...

"They went to court multiple times in the run up to the election to try to change the rules. If they want to go to court again we'll meet them there and win again to make sure all these votes are legally counted."

See in this F'ed up country.  By saying this - from a TRUMPSTER's perspective - this equates to FRAUD...

However, from any reasonable person's standpoint this individual's position is just that, REASONABLE.   When juxtaposed with what the law says and HOW our country is suppose to work - it makes perfect sense.   The law is simple.  The statute says something - the Court interprets the statute and gives you a ruling.  You can stand there and have a tantrum all you want- the votes that arrived on time in accordance with the rules and regulations of said state should be counted.  It's very simple.

2 minutes ago, user13 said:

lol at spending hunders of millions on the senate and still not having control. Americans hate dems.

Exit polls showed 70% of the vote was agaisnt trump

So proud of my country

They spent 73 million dollars on a woman who lost in KY by 21 points!

Just now, user13 said:

GOP Senate wins wreak havoc on Biden transition plans

Republicans' likely hold on the Senate is forcing Joe Biden's transition team to consider limiting its prospective Cabinet nominees to those who Mitch McConnell can live with, according to people familiar with the matter.

Why it matters: The new Senate political math could dash the ambitions of some Democrats, including those who have clashed with Republicans.

• It could push Biden to go with more centrist options, like Lael Brainard for Treasury or Tony Blinken for State, sources tell Axios.
  • Susan Rice and Stacey Abrams could be early casualties, depending on McConnell's posture.
  • But it could also open paths for others, like Sen. Chris Coons, who could benefit from a tradition of senatorial courtesy for quick confirmations of nominees within its ranks.

A source close to McConnell tells Axios a Republican Senate would work with Biden on centrist nominees but no "radical progressives" or ones who are controversial with conservatives.

https://www.axios.com/gop-senate-biden-transition-50ebe6c8-e318-4fdb-b903-048908b3b954.html

Dude,

No sh-t... What's you're point?  72 million people HATE Trump.  Is that not clear either?

1 minute ago, Jefflaw77 said:

See in this F'ed up country.  By saying this - from a TRUMPSTER's perspective - this equates to FRAUD...

However, from any reasonable person's standpoint this individual's position is just that, REASONABLE.   When juxtaposed with what the law says and HOW our country is suppose to work - it makes perfect sense.   The law is simple.  The statute says something - the Court interprets the statute and gives you a ruling.  You can stand there and have a tantrum all you want- the votes that arrived on time in accordance with the rules and regulations of said state should be counted.  It's very simple.

I don't have a problem with votes that arrived after Election Day being counted, provided the postmark was before Election Day.

But when you have PA coming out and saying that "if the postmark is smudged but it could be before Election Day, we'll count it", or "if the signatures don't really match that well, we'll probably still count it", that just doesn't pass the smell test.

1 minute ago, Jefflaw77 said:

Dude,

No sh-t... What's you're point?  72 million people HATE Trump.  Is that not clear either?

"Exit polls showed 70% of the vote was agaisnt trump "

Why did you completely ignore that.

Big red wave coming in 2022

• 33andrain changed the title to The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7