Jump to content

The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Snowman11 said:

Trump's  lawyer is talking right now

 

The Trump campaign  is pissed

 

Time for the lawsuits to begin

Biden could have won by a landslide and the lawsuits would have come anyway.  Trump’s been trying to delegitimize this election ever since he had concerns he’d lose and he’s been threatening lawsuits for a long time.  Lawsuits are what he does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s to hoping the next time we have a 296 page thread, we are tracking a HECS within 96 hours on all models. 

Btw... this is a great core group of political junkies we have posting in here. It’s been very informative and we’ve been... mostly well behaved... present company excluded.  Wanted to thank everyone

No, I suck too.  You know why?   Because we’re all in this together.   I’m an American first - I am only as good or as bad as the best or the worst American.   It’s not “

Posted Images

Just now, Jason said:

Biden could have won by a landslide and the lawsuits would have come anyway.  Trump’s been trying to delegitimize this election ever since he had concerns he’d lose and he’s been threatening lawsuits for a long time.  Lawsuits are what he does. 

I sincerely doubt he would have sued anyone if Biden was way ahead in those states.

For one thing, in order to sue a lawyer has to be willing to take the case.  A lawyer isn't going to take a case that's an automatic loss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Analog96 said:

I sincerely doubt he would have sued anyone if Biden was way ahead in those states.

For one thing, in order to sue a lawyer has to be willing to take the case.  A lawyer isn't going to take a case that's an automatic loss.

Agree to disagree? 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually get the lawsuits by Trump . He has the right. I’m just not sure courts will overturn this. Trump could after all have helped set things up so this Would not have happened. The Govs too. Unless Trump or any candidate can prove fraud.   I just don’t see the courts overturning results especially if the margine is over 5K. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MI Storm said:

I actually get the lawsuits by Trump . He has the right. I’m just not sure courts will overturn this. Trump could after all have helped set things up so this Would not have happened. The Govs too. Unless Trump or any candidate can prove fraud.   I just don’t see the courts overturning results especially if the margine is over 5K. 


^

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MI Storm said:

I actually get the lawsuits by Trump . He has the right. I’m just not sure courts will overturn this. Trump could after all have helped set things up so this Would not have happened. The Govs too. Unless Trump or any candidate can prove fraud.   I just don’t see the courts overturning results especially if the margine is over 5K. 

As PA Attorney General just said:
"They seem to want to continue to run a rhetorical campaign and I would just say the campaign is over, the votes were cast and now we have to count and respect the will of the people. I'm not going to let anyone stop that process of counting. These are legal votes, they will be counted. There is transparency baked into the system."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 10:44 AM, MI Storm said:

I actually get the lawsuits by Trump . He has the right. I’m just not sure courts will overturn this. Trump could after all have helped set things up so this Would not have happened. The Govs too. Unless Trump or any candidate can prove fraud.   I just don’t see the courts overturning results especially if the margine is over 5K. 

 

The lawsuits were always coming because of the changes to same day election law during Covid.

 

That should have told everyone this would be contested. 

 

The 6 States under 2 % always made sense therefore I always saw the lawsuits coming. 

 

Does it change anything  ? 

No but now you're putting another hand in the pot to stir. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mcscrew said:

As PA Attorney General just said:
"They seem to want to continue to run a rhetorical campaign and I would just say the campaign is over, the votes were cast and now we have to count and respect the will of the people. I'm not going to let anyone stop that process of counting. These are legal votes, they will be counted. There is transparency baked into the system."

 and...

"They went to court multiple times in the run up to the election to try to change the rules. If they want to go to court again we'll meet them there and win again to make sure all these votes are legally counted."

Link to post
Share on other sites

GOP Senate wins wreak havoc on Biden transition plans

 

Republicans' likely hold on the Senate is forcing Joe Biden's transition team to consider limiting its prospective Cabinet nominees to those who Mitch McConnell can live with, according to people familiar with the matter.

Why it matters: The new Senate political math could dash the ambitions of some Democrats, including those who have clashed with Republicans.

  • It could push Biden to go with more centrist options, like Lael Brainard for Treasury or Tony Blinken for State, sources tell Axios.
  • Susan Rice and Stacey Abrams could be early casualties, depending on McConnell's posture.
  • But it could also open paths for others, like Sen. Chris Coons, who could benefit from a tradition of senatorial courtesy for quick confirmations of nominees within its ranks.

A source close to McConnell tells Axios a Republican Senate would work with Biden on centrist nominees but no "radical progressives" or ones who are controversial with conservatives.

 

https://www.axios.com/gop-senate-biden-transition-50ebe6c8-e318-4fdb-b903-048908b3b954.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mcscrew said:

 and...

"They went to court multiple times in the run up to the election to try to change the rules. If they want to go to court again we'll meet them there and win again to make sure all these votes are legally counted."

See in this F'ed up country.  By saying this - from a TRUMPSTER's perspective - this equates to FRAUD...

 

However, from any reasonable person's standpoint this individual's position is just that, REASONABLE.   When juxtaposed with what the law says and HOW our country is suppose to work - it makes perfect sense.   The law is simple.  The statute says something - the Court interprets the statute and gives you a ruling.  You can stand there and have a tantrum all you want- the votes that arrived on time in accordance with the rules and regulations of said state should be counted.  It's very simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, user13 said:

lol at spending hunders of millions on the senate and still not having control. Americans hate dems.

 

Exit polls showed 70% of the vote was agaisnt trump

 

 

So proud of my country

They spent 73 million dollars on a woman who lost in KY by 21 points!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, user13 said:

GOP Senate wins wreak havoc on Biden transition plans

 

Republicans' likely hold on the Senate is forcing Joe Biden's transition team to consider limiting its prospective Cabinet nominees to those who Mitch McConnell can live with, according to people familiar with the matter.

Why it matters: The new Senate political math could dash the ambitions of some Democrats, including those who have clashed with Republicans.

  • It could push Biden to go with more centrist options, like Lael Brainard for Treasury or Tony Blinken for State, sources tell Axios.
  • Susan Rice and Stacey Abrams could be early casualties, depending on McConnell's posture.
  • But it could also open paths for others, like Sen. Chris Coons, who could benefit from a tradition of senatorial courtesy for quick confirmations of nominees within its ranks.

A source close to McConnell tells Axios a Republican Senate would work with Biden on centrist nominees but no "radical progressives" or ones who are controversial with conservatives.

 

https://www.axios.com/gop-senate-biden-transition-50ebe6c8-e318-4fdb-b903-048908b3b954.html

Dude,

 

No sh-t... What's you're point?  72 million people HATE Trump.  Is that not clear either?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jefflaw77 said:

See in this F'ed up country.  By saying this - from a TRUMPSTER's perspective - this equates to FRAUD...

 

However, from any reasonable person's standpoint this individual's position is just that, REASONABLE.   When juxtaposed with what the law says and HOW our country is suppose to work - it makes perfect sense.   The law is simple.  The statute says something - the Court interprets the statute and gives you a ruling.  You can stand there and have a tantrum all you want- the votes that arrived on time in accordance with the rules and regulations of said state should be counted.  It's very simple.

I don't have a problem with votes that arrived after Election Day being counted, provided the postmark was before Election Day.

But when you have PA coming out and saying that "if the postmark is smudged but it could be before Election Day, we'll count it", or "if the signatures don't really match that well, we'll probably still count it", that just doesn't pass the smell test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jefflaw77 said:

Dude,

 

No sh-t... What's you're point?  72 million people HATE Trump.  Is that not clear either?

"Exit polls showed 70% of the vote was agaisnt trump "

 

Why did you completely ignore that.

 

Big red wave coming in 2022

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 33andrain changed the title to The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...