The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7

3 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

Yeah, I understand that if it's successful in removal he can't run again.

But you bring up a good point that it would be a distraction to the Biden administration.

Also, if he is disgraced enough, he could run all he wants in 2024, but would he really get the nomination?

I don't think the GOP would back him but there would be plenty of people who would vote for him again. 

I think he shouldn't run again after he leaves office. 

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s to hoping the next time we have a 296 page thread, we are tracking a HECS within 96 hours on all models. 

Btw... this is a great core group of political junkies we have posting in here. It’s been very informative and we’ve been... mostly well behaved... present company excluded.  Wanted to thank everyone

No, I suck too.  You know why?   Because we’re all in this together.   I’m an American first - I am only as good or as bad as the best or the worst American.   It’s not “

Posted Images

Just now, Snowman11 said:

I don't think the GOP would back him but there would be plenty of people who would vote for him again. 

I think he shouldn't run again after he leaves office. 

He would most likely get primaried.

6 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

Yeah, I understand that if it's successful in removal he can't run again.

But you bring up a good point that it would be a distraction to the Biden administration.

Also, if he is disgraced enough, he could run all he wants in 2024, but would he really get the nomination?

I doubt the GOP would get behind him.  4 years from now is also a long time.   He'd be pushing 80.   Highly doubt a 2024 comeback for a multitude of reasons.

21 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

He would most likely get primaried.

and if there's a rising star in the GOP ranks, forget it he'd have little chance.    Had he accepted his defeat and been civil about it, a comeback was a possibility, the last 2 months have killed any chance of it.

24 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

and if there's a rising star in the GOP ranks, forget it he'd have little chance.    Had he accepted his defeat and been civil about it, a comeback was a possibility, the last 2 months have killed any chance of it.

Unless someone really goes out and distances themselves from that policy.

2 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

Alan Dershowitz is on Fox News 

He is saying how Trump calling for his protestors to the street isn't any different than the dems calling protestors in the streets during the summer riots and democrats impeaching Trump right now is foolish.

I dont know what happened to Dershowitz.   Hes been a life long liberal democrat who always voted  democrat.  However it seems in the last several years hes taken any cause celebre case that will keep his name out there.  How can we square the circle where he voted  Clinton, but defends trump at every opportunity..  He's become the ultimate opportunist seems to me.

6 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

LOL

Even though I am liberal, I don't like how twitter is just censoring thousands of Trump's supporters. I was genuinely shocked this morning how many were banned. Like tone it down a little. 

Are they even giving it second thought? They're just banning Trump's supporters by the thousands despite them not doing anything wrong (minus the rioters who attempted a coup)

24 minutes ago, Jake302 said:

Even though I am liberal, I don't like how twitter is just censoring thousands of Trump's supporters. I was genuinely shocked this morning how many were banned. Like tone it down a little. 

Are they even giving it second thought? They're just banning Trump's supporters by the thousands despite them not doing anything wrong (minus the rioters who attempted a coup)

In some cases, it's impossible to tell the difference. There are those condoning what happened on Weds -- and even trying to plan for further action. What Twitter and FB are doing is kind of like closing the barn doors after the cows have gone.

And I hope Twitter is "punished" for its role in what happened, but for people to take glee in it -- like Twitter's comeuppance is more important than the president's malfeasance -- is actually sad and disgusting.

Just now, Mophstymeo said:

In some cases, it's impossible to tell the difference. There are prior condoning what happened on Weds -- and even trying to plan for further action. What Twitter and FB are doing is kind of like closing the barn doors after the cows have gone.

And I hope Twitter is "punished" for its role in what happened, but for people to take glee in it -- like Twitter's comeuppance is more important than the president's malfeasance -- is actually sad and disgusting.

I wouldn't care if all social media crumbled.  It would make for a more educated public.

9 minutes ago, Jake302 said:

Not doing anything wrong?  They are spreading  demonstrably false  conspiracy theories promoted by their fat orange leader that he won by millions of votes and anybody who says differently is supporting the  fraud and rigging  of the election that they seem to believe occurred without any evidence... Social Media has decided by and large that they dont want to be responsible for spreading sedition, akin to shouting fire in a crowded theater.

19 minutes ago, Ctweatherfreak said:

Not doing anything wrong?  They are spreading  demonstrably false  conspiracy theories promoted by their fat orange leader that he won by millions of votes and anybody who says differently is supporting the  fraud and rigging  of the election that they seem to believe occurred without any evidence... Social Media has decided by and large that they dont want to be responsible for spreading sedition, akin to shouting fire in a crowded theater.

The problem is that half the theater is now confusing the popcorn machine for a blazing inferno-- and will not disabused of their error.

3 minutes ago, Mophstymeo said:

The problem is that half the theater is now confusing the popcorn machine for a blazing inferno-- and will not disabused of their error.

Fooking uneducated America-hating morons. How else can you describe them?   I bet 70% of them have American flags hanging somewhere on their property.

23 minutes ago, Ctweatherfreak said:

Yup.  They allowed it to go on for far too long and now that the dems have congress they decided to act.  frick all these social media platforms. 

40 minutes ago, Jake302 said:

They aren't deleting trump supporters generally...just those who incite violence...