The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s to hoping the next time we have a 296 page thread, we are tracking a HECS within 96 hours on all models. 

Btw... this is a great core group of political junkies we have posting in here. It’s been very informative and we’ve been... mostly well behaved... present company excluded.  Wanted to thank everyone

No, I suck too.  You know why?   Because we’re all in this together.   I’m an American first - I am only as good or as bad as the best or the worst American.   It’s not “

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

Did anyone seriously think that Biden could have beaten Trump? He played a good basement game during the pandemic.

Many people thought that was going to hurt him but it didn't at all.

You seem to forget that in two elections, Trump failed to win the popular vote..  You keep talking about the 74 million people, etc, but ignore the fact that twice, his opponents did better.

I'm interested in this angle of what happened.
Were legislatures or their staff complicit?

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/14/lawmakers-capitol-attackers-legal-459519
Lawmakers who interacted with the pro-Trump protesters who rioted at the Capitol last week could face criminal charges and will almost certainly come under close scrutiny in the burgeoning federal investigation into the assault

The role members of Congress may have played in facilitating the deadly attack drew intense attention this week after Democratic lawmakers alleged that some of their Republican colleagues facilitated tours of the Capitol on January 5 — one day before demonstrators engaged in the assault that terrorized lawmakers, ransacked congressional offices and left as many as five people dead.

3 minutes ago, Ctweatherfreak said:

You seem to forget that in two elections, Trump failed to win the popular vote..  You keep talking about the 74 million people, etc, but ignore the fact that twice, his opponents did better.

Popular votes

Electoral college is the only thing that counts. Biden won the electoral college , Hillary didnt.

3 minutes ago, mcscrew said:

I'm interested in this angle of what happened.
Were legislatures or their staff complicit?

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/14/lawmakers-capitol-attackers-legal-459519
Lawmakers who interacted with the pro-Trump protesters who rioted at the Capitol last week could face criminal charges and will almost certainly come under close scrutiny in the burgeoning federal investigation into the assault

The role members of Congress may have played in facilitating the deadly attack drew intense attention this week after Democratic lawmakers alleged that some of their Republican colleagues facilitated tours of the Capitol on January 5 — one day before demonstrators engaged in the assault that terrorized lawmakers, ransacked congressional offices and left as many as five people dead.

What a disaster 

1 minute ago, Snowman11 said:

Popular votes

Electoral college is the only thing that counts. Biden won the electoral college , Hillary didnt.

thats fine, but youre the one who keeps bringing up the 74 million, etc, etc.  My answer to that is he got beaten twice even there, and totally creamed in the electoral college in this last one.   

Rep. Tom Rice (R- S.C.) (non-swing district rep, voted to overturn both Arizona and Pennsylvania’s electoral votes when the riot was over last week)
has it right and Trump remains his own worst enemy:

"Once the violence began, when the Capitol was under siege, when the Capitol Police were being beaten and killed, and when the Vice President and the Congress were being locked down, the President was watching and tweeted about the Vice President’s lack of courage."

"For hours while the riot continued, the President communicated only on Twitter and offered only weak requests for restraint."

"I was on the floor of the House of Representatives when the rioters were beating on the door with tear gas, zip tie restraints, and pipe bombs in their possession. It is only by the grace of God and the blood of the Capitol Police that the death toll was not much, much higher."

"It has been a week since so many were injured, the United States Capitol was ransacked, and six people were killed, including two police officers. Yet, the President has not addressed the nation to ask for calm. He has not visited the injured and grieving. He has not offered condolences. Yesterday in a press briefing at the border, he said his comments were 'perfectly appropriate.'"

"I have backed this President through thick and thin for four years. I campaigned for him and voted for him twice. But, this utter failure is inexcusable."

https://rice.house.gov/press-releases?id=82E3197A-CF57-4AEB-91EB-5A0EA39C3575

4 minutes ago, mcscrew said:

Rep. Tom Rice (R- S.C.) (non-swing district rep, voted to overturn both Arizona and Pennsylvania’s electoral votes when the riot was over last week)
has it right and Trump remains his own worst enemy:

"Once the violence began, when the Capitol was under siege, when the Capitol Police were being beaten and killed, and when the Vice President and the Congress were being locked down, the President was watching and tweeted about the Vice President’s lack of courage."

"For hours while the riot continued, the President communicated only on Twitter and offered only weak requests for restraint."

"I was on the floor of the House of Representatives when the rioters were beating on the door with tear gas, zip tie restraints, and pipe bombs in their possession. It is only by the grace of God and the blood of the Capitol Police that the death toll was not much, much higher."

"It has been a week since so many were injured, the United States Capitol was ransacked, and six people were killed, including two police officers. Yet, the President has not addressed the nation to ask for calm. He has not visited the injured and grieving. He has not offered condolences. Yesterday in a press briefing at the border, he said his comments were 'perfectly appropriate.'"

"I have backed this President through thick and thin for four years. I campaigned for him and voted for him twice. But, this utter failure is inexcusable."

https://rice.house.gov/press-releases?id=82E3197A-CF57-4AEB-91EB-5A0EA39C3575

He's my trumper parents representative.  They hate him now

40 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Stop what ? Doesn't fit your agenda ?

Antifa was most likely mixed in with the crowd. 

You're so brainwashed.   Good luck dude. 

40 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Stop what ? Doesn't fit your agenda ?

Antifa was most likely mixed in with the crowd. 

All the people caught on camera inside the Capitol that have gotten busted are not Antifa. 

12 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

He's my trumper parents representative.  They hate him now

One republican who voted to impeach had his family disown him lol 

2 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

Let me start by saying the people in Portland were all morons.  Let me continue with this dude isn't BLM or antifa.  

5 minutes ago, Sundog said:

All the people caught on camera inside the Capitol that have gotten busted are not Antifa. 

Anthony is saying he wants Biden impeached on other forums lol. 

From all the stuff I'm reading, Trump is having a awful time finding any supporters at this time.. (other than lunatics on the super hard right).. He can't even find an attorney to defend him for this senate trial.  I'm not really surprised.  This guy is pure Kryptonite at this point..  Has anyone been banished from society so quickly as compared to Trump? 

What is disturbing to me are the amount of people, in the media and government who lined up and went with Trump's positions of questioning this election for months who are now suddenly side stepping the whole situation since being impeachment.. 

Like Brit Hume, here is a guy who was fanning the flames days after the election going on Tucker Carlson's show parroting the President's positions and now suddenly after being impeached he throws all the blame on Trump and actually says Trump should have conceded at a reasonable time Like, huh???? Really?

These people are morally bankrupt- I know we all waffle in our positions and will attempt to white wash our positions when boxed into a hole- it's human nature but - let's be real, plenty of these people egged on a very vulnerable President who had a history of finding groups of loyalists and sticking to their guns on issue after issue regardless of the truth.  

Kelly-Anne Conway, and many others suddenly are "wow, he went too far"... They all went along with the show and egged Trump on and thought what he was pursuing was noble... 

And I'm distinguishing a McConnell and Graham in this situation because those are lawmakers- I'm not excusing their sudden change in positions either as they egged the President on too and sided with what he said for months as well.  They all are all trying to save face - and taking to noble route now.  

Again, it's some of these ardent Trump loyalists in the media and in his administration and their very recent specific wording that I guess is so amazing to me.. 

I hope Trump isn't able to redeem himself in any way whatsoever and that he some how fades into existence.  I know in the back of my mind many Republican lawmakers are of the same brief even if they don't admit it.

It would be a shame if somehow this event on the capital was whitewashed in the near future enough to provide Trump with an outlet for any sort of redemption.  He is a toxic soul who should be banished from society and only discussed in the most harshest of ways for what occurred in these last few days of his presidency.  

I know the division in our country is not going to go away and the media won't allow it to, but I would hope that sounder and more pragmatic minds will be in control as we move forward and we can attempt to put to rest some of the incendiary language we have all become accustomed to.. Yes, this process may take time but the 2022 mid-terms are going to be very interesting.  I hope this event is not forgotten about when voters go to the voting booth and that some of these lawmakers who took on these wild positions supporting Trump and who still adhere to them today are seriously challenged by strong contenders.. 

Fox's Brit Hume rips 'radioactive' Trump: 'Utter balderdash' was fed 'into the veins of his supporters' - https://thehill.com/homenews/media/534023-foxs-hume-rips-radioactive-trump-utter-balderdash-fed-into-veins-of-his

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/15/qanon-shaman-trump-kill-pardon/

In a court filing late on Thursday, federal prosecutors in Phoenix wrote that “strong evidence, including Chansley’s own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States government.”

Jacob Anthony Chansley, the shirtless, tattooed man often referred to as “QAnon Shaman,” who stood out in a headdress made of coyote skin and buffalo horns.

the 33-year-old Arizona man left an ominous note for Vice President Pence at his desk in the Senate chamber: “It’s only a matter of time, justice is coming.”

St. Louis attorney Albert S. Watkins said he had been retained as Chansley’s lawyer and called for President Trump to pardon him.

Watkins claimed that Chansley acted in a “peaceful and compliant fashion” toward law enforcement and was cooperating with their investigation. Besides, he argued, the Arizona man only went to the Capitol because he was following Trump’s invitation.