The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s to hoping the next time we have a 296 page thread, we are tracking a HECS within 96 hours on all models. 

Btw... this is a great core group of political junkies we have posting in here. It’s been very informative and we’ve been... mostly well behaved... present company excluded.  Wanted to thank everyone

No, I suck too.  You know why?   Because we’re all in this together.   I’m an American first - I am only as good or as bad as the best or the worst American.   It’s not “

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I am sorry that my call from way back in March that the M/R would end up close to the flu for those under 50.

Now above 65 it`s a different story and I told you that ageism was appropriate 6 months ago that`s not being cavalier it`s called the truth. You guys are not entitled to your own facts.

Under 50 the M.R is 99.98% and that is a fact easily found at the CDC. 

Sorry, but I am not going to make believe this has a M/R of 5%, it isn`t for the majority of school and working age adults. The appropriate measures are to SD ,wear a mask avoid large indoor venues and harden LTC and wait for the Vaxx, there is nothing cavalier or non science here 

So your reaction, to my comment about providing protection for first responders in my organization, that can't get 3M N95s, and are on the front lines of emergency response in the middle of a pandemic is to back pat yourself about opinions from March? Are you for real? 

You're entitled to your views, I find them obnoxious and I'll see myself out. ✌️

9 minutes ago, fireguy286 said:

So your reaction, to my comment about providing protection for first responders in my organization, that can't get 3M N95s, and are on the front lines of emergency response in the middle of a pandemic is to back pat yourself about opinions from March? Are you for real? 

You're entitled to your views, I find them obnoxious and I'll see myself out. ✌️

You are conflating the facts that I posted on the M/R of the virus, the hospitalization rate in the US and how we can mitigate it with being " cavalier " . 

Nothing could be further from the truth, but I am free to share simple CDC data with the community to bring some up to speed on where we are vs where we have been. 

Who knew someone would be insulted by facts. The head ICU nurse at Mercy said they were ok all summer, my posts were in regards to the MR and how the vaxx is next 

Suit yourself. 

54 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I am sorry that my call from way back in March that the M/R would end up close to the flu for those under 50.

Now above 65 it`s a different story and I told you that ageism was appropriate 6 months ago that`s not being cavalier it`s called the truth. You guys are not entitled to your own facts.

Under 50 the M.R is 99.98% and that is a fact easily found at the CDC. 

Sorry, but I am not going to make believe this has a M/R of 5%, it isn`t for the majority of school and working age adults. The appropriate measures are to SD ,wear a mask avoid large indoor venues and harden LTC and wait for the Vaxx, there is nothing cavalier or non science here 

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/nation/covid-19-is-claiming-more-lives-than-the-official-data-indicates/article_6312e45b-0dce-5cc6-8406-93d529bacb11.html

Today, official coronavirus deaths stand at 16,505 in Florida. Yet the true number of dead from the pandemic could be up to 25% higher if you include people who are listed as having died of other causes brought on by the pandemic, according to a new study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

12 minutes ago, mcscrew said:

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/nation/covid-19-is-claiming-more-lives-than-the-official-data-indicates/article_6312e45b-0dce-5cc6-8406-93d529bacb11.html

Today, official coronavirus deaths stand at 16,505 in Florida. Yet the true number of dead from the pandemic could be up to 25% higher if you include people who are listed as having died of other causes brought on by the pandemic, according to a new study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Let the CDC release all the up to date data and we will see if the needle is moving. 

The MR with the " possible " increased deaths may be offset by the amount of new positives that are resolving. 

Plus it doesn't denote which age group here. 

My target group under 50 remains in that 99.98% range and I don't think changes as the better therapeutics are working 

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

Stock Market collapsing, Covid rising again, Europe going into lockdown, all feels very March 2020...except for Election day. lol

Market thinks a Biden Victory, no quick stimulus and another lockdown.

Better hope the Senate switches or nothing gets passed.

3 minutes ago, wxmd529 said:

Final CNN poll Biden 54-42

See, this is one thing I don't get.

Putting aside whether the 2016 polls were actually mistakes -- or simply reflections, within each poll's margin of error, that the race was basically tied in PA, MI, and FL.

I thought one thing that almost every pollster agreed WAS a mistake was not polling up to a point closer to the election. When they did their soul-searching after what became Clinton's shocking defeat, several cited their inability to see the shifting tides in PA and MI in particular because they had stopped polling.

So why are they stopping now? Are they going to miss trends that are bubbling beneath the surface?

2 minutes ago, Mophstymeo said:

See, this is one thing I don't get.

Putting aside whether the 2016 polls were actually mistakes -- or simply reflections, within each poll's margin of error, that the race was basically tied in PA, MI, and FL.

I thought one thing that almost every pollster agreed WAS a mistake was not polling up to a point closer to the election. When they did their soul-searching after what became Clinton's shocking defeat, several cited their inability to see the shifting tides in PA and MI in particular because they had stopped polling.

So why are they stopping now? Are they going to miss trends that are bubbling beneath the surface?

It’s a bit different when up to 70% or more of the electorate may have already early voted. Another thing is this is a national poll and I agree state level polling should continue as late as possible. The latest day you could be in the field and have a reliable poll out 1-2 days before Election Day is basically Saturday (3 days from now). So it’s not far off anyway 

7 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Market thinks a Biden Victory, no quick stimulus and another lockdown.

Better hope the Senate switches or nothing gets passed.

Why does the Republican Senate deliberately want to sabotage the nation's recovery and stability? Even you can see that. 

7 minutes ago, Sundog said:

Why does the Republican Senate deliberately want to sabotage the nation's recovery and stability? Even you can see that. 

because Mitch McConnell is the single worst person to be in charge during any type of disaster.

7 minutes ago, Upstate25 said:

Surprised no one is talking about how New Orleans might get into the eye of a landfalling almost major maybe major hurricane upon reanalysis. Levee failure is a real concern. 

it’s  2020 so it’s really not news.

57 minutes ago, Sundog said:

I think you know I see that. 

The same way Dems want Biden to pack the court,  we are so hyper partisan that every loss is met with surreal anger 

4 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I think you know I see that. 

The same way Dems want Biden to pack the court,  we are so hyper partisan that every loss is met with surreal anger 

I was acknowledging that you see their recklessness. 

If they really loved America why would they do something to hurt her? It's astonishing to me.  

6 minutes ago, Sundog said:

I was acknowledging that you see their recklessness. 

If they really loved America why would they do something to hurt her? It's astonishing to me.  

The system , like the Country is too tribal.

• 33andrain changed the title to The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7