General Political Topics: 2020 Edition

I don't really post here but I came across something that blew my mind. I know the dynamics behind why this happened (and why it couldn't happen today), but it's still no less crazy. Back in 1920 despite a Republican landslide South Carolina voted for the Democratic nominee by a massive margin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1920_United_States_presidential_election_in_South_Carolina

Cox won South Carolina by a landslide margin of 92.14%.

In the midst of a massive nationwide Republican landslide, South Carolina was a staggering 118.3% more Democratic than the national average.

Almost impossible to imagine a state these days diverging from the country this dramatically

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would. Unfortunately, the woke mob is going after Zuckerberg because Facebook isn't behaving more like Twitter on censorship of free speech. Right for the wrong reason and all that...

Tell everyone you know to vote for him. He's the most moderate candidate running on the Democratic side.    Let's be real a Democrat is winning the race for mayor, let's at least make sure t

Todays actual biggest threat to democracy. Big tech. Corporate oligarchy.     

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Snowman11 said:

Congress choosing a speaker of the house right now

Pelosi and McCarthy 

So far 100- 84 McCarthy

Keep us posted

1 hour ago, ModRisk said:

538 average is around 40% and plummeting 

Screenshot_20210111-205836_Chrome.jpg

Trump approval went from 44% to 33% on latest decent poll, Quinnipiac. Lowest of his Presidency

On 1/11/2021 at 10:07 PM, Psv said:

Trump approval went from 44% to 33% on latest decent poll, Quinnipiac. Lowest of his Presidency

Other polls have him in the 40s.

Democrats have been after him since day 1. Kudos to him for standing up to them. He took alot of crap for 4 years.

Other people would have resigned right away. 

I wonder how the media will treat Biden. I know it will not be the same as how they treated Trump. 

27 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Other polls have him in the 40s.

Democrats have been after him since day 1. Kudos to him for standing up to them. He took alot of crap for 4 years.

Other people would have resigned right away. 

I wonder how the media will treat Biden. I know it will not be the same as how they treated Trump. 

what recent president hasn't taken alot of crap from the other party in the last 20+ years?

2 minutes ago, mcscrew said:

what recent president hasn't taken alot of crap from the other party in the last 20+ years?

From the other party is fine.  But the mainstream media should not become a partisan actor.

13 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

The media is a big  cause of this.

I agree the media leans left and has become problematic the last few years for sure, however it does not excuse Trump's behavior over the last four years...making fun of John McCain after his death? (fitting that he lost Arizona in the election)   Picking twitter fights with people, welcoming racist organizations (proud boys etc) the riot etc etc you can't blame the media for that.  

12 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

The media is a big  cause of this.

and you are back to defending the traitor. Didn’t take long!

9 hours ago, Psv said:

and you are back to defending the traitor. Didn’t take long!

They have been on his ass since day 1. Idk what to tell you if you can't see it. Lets see how the media treats  Biden.

Most likely more questions like this