General Political Topics: 2020 Edition

4 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

He may be forced out...

cuomo won’t make it to April.

Cawthorne the great liar will serve twelve terms in the house. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would. Unfortunately, the woke mob is going after Zuckerberg because Facebook isn't behaving more like Twitter on censorship of free speech. Right for the wrong reason and all that...

He disrespected the badge  

Tell everyone you know to vote for him. He's the most moderate candidate running on the Democratic side.    Let's be real a Democrat is winning the race for mayor, let's at least make sure t

Posted Images

Just now, Snowman11 said:

The heat right now is fully on Cuomo. Deblasio must be loving it right now since he is also throwing Cuomo under the bus.

DeBlasio should probably be careful with throwing stones, just guessing by his public gaffes there’s a pretty big closet full of skeletons there. 

My bet is Cuomo will resign by April. 

32 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

DeBlasio should probably be careful with throwing stones, just guessing by his public gaffes there’s a pretty big closet full of skeletons there. 

There's a billion dollar skeleton right out in the open and yet no one seems to do anything about it. 

52 minutes ago, Sundog said:

There's a billion dollar skeleton right out in the open and yet no one seems to do anything about it. 

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Sundog said:

which is what?

3 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

which is what?

Thrive NYC, which is run by his wife and has been given over 1 billion dollars with literally no accounting or "results." Look it up there's a bunch of articles over the last couple years that talk about it. 

Looks your going to be in need of a new Governor soon. Disappointed in Cuomo but not surprised. I doubt he lasts at his post more then a couple more weeks. Only Trump survives stuff like this.  Fact that the Dems want him out. He gone. 

30 minutes ago, MI Storm said:

Looks your going to be in need of a new Governor soon. Disappointed in Cuomo but not surprised. I doubt he lasts at his post more then a couple more weeks. Only Trump survives stuff like this.  Fact that the Dems want him out. He gone. 

Leftie Dems never liked Cuomo because he wouldn't pass their far left communist pro criminal agenda. 

Now they can rejoice and join forces with the idiots on the right and demand Cuomo resign. 

I can't wait until they pass a wealth tax, the rich leave, and the middle class is once again left holding the bag. 

On 2/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, NJwxguy78 said:

needs to resign.

He needed to resign before any of these stories came out.  He's awful. 

On 3/1/2021 at 10:39 AM, Sundog said:

It is a massive stretch. Isn't the far right bad enough without having to invent things to hate about them? This is like looking at photographs in search of bigfoot. 

At what point is it not a coincidence to you?

13 hours ago, NJwxguy78 said:

Yup.  

Every Governor NY ends up with sux..

I'm sorry but this State blows.  I was born in 77.  And I remember many hating his father, Mario Cuomo... Then Pataki came in and he was supposed to be a breath of fresh air, but I dunno, he didn't seem to be any great shake.. Then Spitzer was suppose to be the Democrats rising star, but he turned out to be a total creep - Paterson was nice, and sort of fell into the position, so he got a pass on a lot of stuff until Cuomo was elected who seemed okay overall, for all these years - but I never really paid that much attention and I think out of the gate, he did fairly well with Covid, but then to be accused of fixing the numbers, w/ nursing homes, instead of admitting to what occurred and running the show like a control freak and now several sexual allegations from women in his administration - this guy doesn't seem any different than any of the rest in the past 30-40 years. 

What's next for this State?  I don't know how this state survives at this point... I question why I am here.  None of my family is really left here.. Many of my friends have moved on to greener pastures.  Yes, NYC is what makes NY what it is... But it's become a place that splits its citizens between the very rich and the regulars (who are barely holding on) It's gentrified beyond belief and now with many of the worlds biggest corporations thinking of leaving or at least partially leaving, how is that going to positively effect the tax base and employment overall? 

Many of the suburbs of NYC have grown and sustained their high net worth value based upon their proximity to NYC.   My fear is that if COVID really does change the landscape of employment in this country and many employees are not required to live near their offices, the value of the suburban region outside of NYC will plummet as millennials and Gen Zers will see little incentive to buy and stay in this very expensive part of the State.

We are already bound to lose a think a seat or two in the house of representatives based upon loss of population.  Where will we be in 10-15 years? NY has a lot of issues going forward and without proper and pragmatic leadership this State's best days may be behind us.

1 hour ago, Jefflaw77 said:

To what I said, or something else in the thread?

What you said.. great post imo.

7 hours ago, Jefflaw77 said:

Every Governor NY ends up with sux..

I'm sorry but this State blows.  I was born in 77.  And I remember many hating his father, Mario Cuomo... Then Pataki came in and he was supposed to be a breath of fresh air, but I dunno, he didn't seem to be any great shake.. Then Spitzer was suppose to be the Democrats rising star, but he turned out to be a total creep - Paterson was nice, and sort of fell into the position, so he got a pass on a lot of stuff until Cuomo was elected who seemed okay overall, for all these years - but I never really paid that much attention and I think out of the gate, he did fairly well with Covid, but then to be accused of fixing the numbers, w/ nursing homes, instead of admitting to what occurred and running the show like a control freak and now several sexual allegations from women in his administration - this guy doesn't seem any different than any of the rest in the past 30-40 years. 

What's next for this State?  I don't know how this state survives at this point... I question why I am here.  None of my family is really left here.. Many of my friends have moved on to greener pastures.  Yes, NYC is what makes NY what it is... But it's become a place that splits its citizens between the very rich and the regulars (who are barely holding on) It's gentrified beyond belief and now with many of the worlds biggest corporations thinking of leaving or at least partially leaving, how is that going to positively effect the tax base and employment overall? 

Many of the suburbs of NYC have grown and sustained their high net worth value based upon their proximity to NYC.   My fear is that if COVID really does change the landscape of employment in this country and many employees are not required to live near their offices, the value of the suburban region outside of NYC will plummet as millennials and Gen Zers will see little incentive to buy and stay in this very expensive part of the State.

We are already bound to lose a think a seat or two in the house of representatives based upon loss of population.  Where will we be in 10-15 years? NY has a lot of issues going forward and without proper and pragmatic leadership this State's best days may be behind us.

Well said

Many people are leaving the city to go upstate or even to another state.  NYC is getting way too expensive to live. Not only that but the parking and traffic are horrendous. I have no clue why people would want to come and live in this city other than trying to find a job but that is out the window with this pandemic.

If I didn't have my current job I would be near the mountains right now or near the lakes.

CNN has been covering Cuomo quite a bit lately. Chris should have a right if he wants  to cover his brother or not. 

NEW: CNN anchor Chris Cuomo was widely criticized for hypocrisy on Monday after telling his viewers that he "obviously can't cover" the sexual allegations against his brother New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, despite the siblings regularly appearing together during the height of the pandemic last year. 

"Why did this logic not obtain during the pandemic? Was Andrew not Chris’s brother then?” former Fox and NBC journalist Megyn Kelly asked.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/541182-chris-cuomo-criticized-for-hypocrisy-after-he-says-he-wont-cover-brothers

10 hours ago, ModRisk said:

At what point is it not a coincidence to you?

When it's not on the same level as folding 20 dollar bills and seeing the Twin Towers being attacked.