Weather Threats: Winter 2020-21 Edition

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a nice surprise for everyone. I know we're all busy tracking the next few threats approaching, but please take a moment to welcome retired Meteorologist and NWS forecaster Walt Drag (@wdrag) to

Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I hope you're all doing well and have managed to stay safe and healthy.    Greenland is not the dividing line of a west based or east based NAO and there i

The weather models are running just as quickly and as often as they can. Outputting nothing. Outputting snow. Outputting rain. Back and forth. Life and death. Snip snap! The fingers are typing and pos

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I mean WOW 

1609740000-TgkFh6Lm1hY.png

We are looking at a Southern stream system with a nice track and potential to close off h5 in early January. This could surprise

1 minute ago, CooL said:

We are looking at a Southern stream system with a nice track and potential to close off h5 in early January. This could surprise

This seems like a system that is ripe with last minute surprises for someone.

20 minutes ago, CooL said:

2 degrees at 850, 3 degrees at the surface and NYC is really safe. 

56 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

2 degrees at 850, 3 degrees at the surface and NYC is really safe. 

looks like north and west of nyc looking good for the jan 3-4 storm at least for a few inches, i like the way the storm pivots away with dynamics and brings rain to snow in nyc , i think in the end NNE will  possibly be the winners , but north and west can stand a chance for a few inches

3 minutes ago, SHARPCUTOFF said:

looks like north and west of nyc looking good for the jan 3-4 storm at least for a few inches, i like the way the storm pivots away with dynamics and brings rain to snow in nyc , i think in the end NNE will  possibly be the winners , but north and west can stand a chance for a few inches

Yes. It's why I was hoping for the 5th for her, but N and W along 84 works here. 

This point was made a few days ago in here and I laid the evolution out in steps. I said the 1st day the influence will really be felt will be around the 8th,

SWs will have no choice to get to a point and look for the warm air 

You will continue to see these correct, I said the 1st step will be to watch for L/R cutters to get shredded, 

1609999200-GzjjYy9BPzc.png

Because of what is sitting over the top of this 

1609999200-03rlaMjDqp0.png

Then the center will be forced to redevelop \

AND BOOM before the change really starts.

This will what blocks in MID JAN do, they don`t GAF about a NEG on the W/C if the mid level flow is right.

Now obviously this is far out there and I am not looking for those low heights to kicked out of W Canada until Jan 10 and we really fire from the 15th to the 15th, but I told @33andrain

we were already there.

Maybe it moved up. Either way, the PAC is not a player here 

1610128800-MjxPrtQTxeY.png