Weather Threats: Winter 2020-21 Edition

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a nice surprise for everyone. I know we're all busy tracking the next few threats approaching, but please take a moment to welcome retired Meteorologist and NWS forecaster Walt Drag (@wdrag) to

Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I hope you're all doing well and have managed to stay safe and healthy.    Greenland is not the dividing line of a west based or east based NAO and there i

The weather models are running just as quickly and as often as they can. Outputting nothing. Outputting snow. Outputting rain. Back and forth. Life and death. Snip snap! The fingers are typing and pos

Posted Images

Just now, Webberweather said:

I have a feeling the SE US is gonna end up handing off the first couple storms in this pattern to the mid-Atlantic and my window probably isn't until about Jan 14-15th ish at the earliest. I personally don't feel super comfortable down here in south-central NC until there's a bit more snow cover to my north & as the high-latitude block continues retrograding & migrating poleward, both encouraging deeper, colder air masses to enter the picture.

If the vortex really develops underneath the ridge a SW has to run ENE out of the GULF and get you 

32 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Put these dates in your calendar

8th

12th

16th

It seriously doesn't get better than this.

Not all may hit, but 3 SW in 8 days would be a crazy run.

Screenshot_20210101-153457_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210101-153507_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210101-153516_Chrome.jpg

Just realized put Jan 20 in there as well for SW # 4

Screenshot_20210101-160856_Chrome.jpg

Remember where we have come from, the Euro had 60 degrees for this period

It's now reduced to this here. It's no wonder the colder option is continuing to evolve for the 4th.

image.png.28eeb5ba2340898a18ab4bf6f4c9252b.png

20 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Remember where we have come from, the Euro had 60 degrees for this period

It's now reduced to this here. It's no wonder the colder option is continuing to evolve for the 4th.

image.png.28eeb5ba2340898a18ab4bf6f4c9252b.png

PB- interesting it’s down to 36 here now- so everything has cooled going into tomorrow & Sunday.

26 minutes ago, rossi said:

PB- interesting it’s down to 36 here now- so everything has cooled going into tomorrow & Sunday.

I still think we change over to some wet flakes on the end.

But N of 80 should accumulate.