December 16-18, 2020 -- SECS/MECS Mega Thread

FWIW, I thought the CMC, at least based on the 0Z runsfrom Tuesday late night did the best with the storm, overall (and it was good before then too). It didn't have over 12" for Philly-NYC, like some did, and it captured the very heavy snows in central PA and NY state, as well as across parts of VT/NH better than most, which most the rest of the models.  

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little note... If you're going to try to take a dump on the people that have tried to forecast this system who have provided their reasoning for days on end, just don't. If you didn't provide any reas

One thing I've begun to notice is the upstream LW trough, which will likely be a key component to how the downstream height response (e.g. Intermountain west ridge --> impacts ultimate s/w trough a

Hey guys, I know this might be slightly off topic (and slightly on topic as well) but I just wanted to announce that I DID infact pass my Dynamics 1 course! It’s been a stressful past two weeks for me

Posted Images

Out of curiosity when was the last time (if ever) that we saw consistent snowfall rates of 5-6” per hr from an east coast snowstorm?? Apologies if this was discussed already it’s easy to miss something when the threads as busy as it’s been...

32 minutes ago, Nickvec9 said:

Out of curiosity when was the last time (if ever) that we saw consistent snowfall rates of 5-6” per hr from an east coast snowstorm?? Apologies if this was discussed already it’s easy to miss something when the threads as busy as it’s been...

We had great rates in the feb 2006 blizzard 

21 minutes ago, Event Horizon said:

You are right. A Trained Spotter recorded 8.2" of snowfall at Irvington. That's west of White Plains and near Elmsford. 

I measured about 8" in Hastings, a few miles south of Irvington. The 12 inch totals being reported by News 12 are dubious (my opinion)

36 minutes ago, Nickvec9 said:

We had 6" an hour for about 1.5 hours in the 2014 trowel.

• 33andrain changed the title to December 16-18, 2020 -- SECS/MECS Mega Thread
  • 33andrain unpinned this topic