• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys.  I live in a different corner of the world than nearly all of you - Israel.  I'm part of the forum as I grew up in the northeast US (Long Island) and still keep up with the weather there at

there’s only so much tracking we can do before we get yelled at by our spouses for neglecting our kids.   replace any of the nouns with school/work/chores and I think it works for most. lol 

I feel like an ass now, cause I ended up getting 11.5 inches of snow, not counting some of the compacting that occurred in-between Sunday night's snowfall and Monday afternoon's changing back over to

Posted Images

I honestly have zero excitement about the pattern moving forward. I get more excited clipping my toenails. 

I need to see more consistency. 

1 minute ago, MJOP8 said:

I keep reminding myself it’s only the 10th and there’s still three weeks of January to go. 

Feels like Christmas was 2 months ago.  

1 hour ago, Jasonwx said:

Feels like Christmas was 2 months ago.  

yes definitely does. Feels like we’ve been tracking this pattern change for months 

12 hours ago, Analog96 said:

Good.  They should be allowed to post their side.

And David Legates and Ryan Maue have been dismissed for their role in producing and publishing controversial papers questioning the seriousness of climate change without White House approval.

55 minutes ago, mcscrew said:

And David Legates and Ryan Maue have been dismissed for their role in producing and publishing controversial papers questioning the seriousness of climate change without White House approval.

Why should you need White House approval?

I made this a year ago, but the point stands. Verbatim never made sense to me when describing model output. 

10 hours ago, Analog96 said:

Why should you need White House approval?

Dismissed from their current post, sent back to NOAA. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/01/11/controversial-climate-skeptics-release-papers/

The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy has reassigned Trump appointees David Legates and Ryan Maue, senior officials at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) who were appointed by President Trump, for their role in producing and publishing controversial papers questioning the seriousness of climate change without White House approval.

The two had been detailed to the White House since November but were removed from their postings Tuesday after the papers, which were published on nongovernment websites, came to light. The papers bear the imprint of the Executive Office of the President and state that they were copyrighted by the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP).

I am still not very excited about the pattern moving forward. Seems like we are kicking the can yet again and we all know where that usually leads. Hoping for some positives.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Apophis said:

Until that highly negative PNA turns neutral or something, I'm not getting excited. Doesn't seem conducive for snowy low pressure tracks. 

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_46.png

Alot of SWFE