December 24-25, 2020 -- High-Impact Weather Event

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Thursday morning everyone,  Just a quick cut and paste edit.   HIGH IMPACT wind damage and flood potential event by this time Christmas morning. Strongest winds in NJ/ne PA/se NYS rough

Here are some NAM forecast soundings for this upcoming event, compared to some soundings for April 13th of this year, when parts of the NJ shore gusted over 70 and 50+ gusts occurred all the way to Sc

12/24-25:  I think the wind damage potential is the largest threat from this rapidly deepening 980s surface low moving northward up the front into NYS predawn Christmas. SVR's possible (in my mind lik

Posted Images

I have some little branches down in my yard, only gusted to 40 mph in Syosset. 1.10” of rain so far. 

At my parent’s house in Muttontown, gusted to 49 mph. .93 has fallen so far. 

2 hours ago, PB GFI said:

Dude, that's your spot ?

I pass there 3x a week, I take my son to the ballpark, he plays baseball there. 

I've passed that spot 100x , I am sorry dude. 

Yep.. our side is mostly unaffected but my buddies restaurant next door is a mess. 2020 doesnt want to give up

Just now, Mriceyman said:

Yep.. our side is mostly unaffected but my buddies restaurant next door is a mess. 2020 doesnt want to give up

Good for you. 

I will definitely stop by in the spring, we pass you 3 days a week. 

Merry Christmas

Fortunately the wind up here wasn't to bad over night. Could here it but not as bad as the last few wind storms. It's actually almost dead calm right now. 2.35" of rain so far. Probably end up a little over 3" when all said and done. Merry Christmas to everyone. Hopefully not many lost power and those that did get it back soon.

The highest wind gust I recorded in Lindenhurst was 54 mph around 4 AM. Not nearly as bad as expected on Long Island, but it seems much of the region definitely verified and then some. Final rainfall total here was only .63"? Hopefully those who lost power get it back soon... in the meantime, Merry Christmas everyone!!!

25 minutes ago, Intensewind001 said:

The highest wind gust I recorded in Lindenhurst was 54 mph around 4 AM. Not nearly as bad as expected on Long Island, but it seems much of the region definitely verified and then some. Final rainfall total here was only .63"? Hopefully those who lost power get it back soon... in the meanwhile, Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Most NYC stations came in around an inch. 

Maybe noreaster isn't wrong after all. 

28 minutes ago, Sundog said:

Most NYC stations came in around an inch. 

Maybe noreaster isn't wrong after all. 

Maybe, either that or my rain guage is clogged as well lol. It was still raining lightly around an hour ago though. Radar estimates have me at about an inch so it's probably the case

44 minutes ago, Morris said:

Walking on the grass is like walking in a swamp. Ground is saturated due to the rain and snowmelt. 

Yeah I was thinking about going to the park to check for downed trees, but I might wait, seeing as it's going to be a bitch to walk around there and that park floods all the time.