December 24-25, 2020 -- High-Impact Weather Event

4 hours ago, Morris said:

Walking on the grass is like walking in a swamp. Ground is saturated due to the rain and snowmelt. 

Yep, my yard and my parent’s yard are both like walking on marshland. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Thursday morning everyone,  Just a quick cut and paste edit.   HIGH IMPACT wind damage and flood potential event by this time Christmas morning. Strongest winds in NJ/ne PA/se NYS rough

Here are some NAM forecast soundings for this upcoming event, compared to some soundings for April 13th of this year, when parts of the NJ shore gusted over 70 and 50+ gusts occurred all the way to Sc

12/24-25:  I think the wind damage potential is the largest threat from this rapidly deepening 980s surface low moving northward up the front into NYS predawn Christmas. SVR's possible (in my mind lik

Posted Images

Posted just now

Here's some more event review material: Wind power outages leftover more than a day after the fact.  QPF analysis (general by radar-platforms) with no added snowmelt which has resulted in many minor small stream flood events. Impact is mainly local detours and flood plain basements/yards.  Probably my last on this event. 

Top Areas by Outages
Tennessee 22,208
New York 14,596
New Jersey 6,612
Pennsylvania 5,521
Florida 5,411
Last Updated 
12/26/2020, 07:32:29 AM

Screen_Shot_2020-12-25_at_4_29.40_PM.png

•