Weather Threats: Winter 2020-21 Edition Part II

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's safe to say "here we go" for Sunday - Tuesday in the Midwest and Northeast!   The pattern features a west-based -NAO, 50/50 low, large shortwave, confluence ahead of it over New

the fact that we have the signal for an Arctic jet-infused Miller A while a historic blizzard is ongoing and before a highly anomalous blocking pattern resets is totally astounding   LFG

Well, 3rd time is the charm, am I right?    The synoptic evolution preceding this, and during, renders a very impact and high-potential situation here with an anticyclonic wavebreak over S. Que

Posted Images

It seems like the models came back for the 18th threat, and the 12z GFS is close to something big. Will these trends continue or will they trend back the other way.

FYI that`s how easy the 19th could phase.

When the flow is buckled on the E/C under a block a solution like that is not out of the question.

9 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Just a matter of timing

5ffdceae6e37d.png

5ffdce9c5ba11.png

I LOVE what I am seeing here on this run. +PNA/-NAO and 50/50 all on the board. This looks great.

the 19th I’m more leery because that 50/50 isn’t established, but we need the 19th to phase late in order to get this look for the 22nd.

It’s fascinating to see this all coming together. -EPO and -NAO going to work. We have been talking about it for weeks and it’s finally starting to show up on models. Plenty of opportunities between the 15th-30th. Let’s see where it goes. 

• 33andrain locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic