Weather Threats: Winter 2020-21 Edition Part II

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's safe to say "here we go" for Sunday - Tuesday in the Midwest and Northeast!   The pattern features a west-based -NAO, 50/50 low, large shortwave, confluence ahead of it over New

the fact that we have the signal for an Arctic jet-infused Miller A while a historic blizzard is ongoing and before a highly anomalous blocking pattern resets is totally astounding   LFG

Well, 3rd time is the charm, am I right?    The synoptic evolution preceding this, and during, renders a very impact and high-potential situation here with an anticyclonic wavebreak over S. Que

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

Walt - Thank you for the suggestion. What a delightful challenge to face...too many snow threats to structurally track. :) We will typically create a thread for threats inside of 4 days, so we will split off one for the ~12th later this weekend.

6726E72C-31D8-4A3D-ACDF-385208873E30.png

D90462F0-6DC9-4474-A4A3-72028758CF59.png

A712651F-91BB-462E-B38C-F1E284C22DD9.png

5313C3A6-6C99-47EA-81C9-4BE50492C9A5.png

49BEC5C8-046E-49FA-A2EA-1B36B4CFD7DC.png

1 hour ago, wdrag said:

Suggestion to offload and not get multiple coming events lost in the shuffle. Not sure if anyone considered a thread for the 11th-13th BWI-NYC northward, mixed wintry elements. 

Another event seems on its way (not necessarily the 14th), but more so the 16th-17th---that one might also be sizable. I do think folks I95 northwest will need to monitor roof loads, gutter damming the next two weeks for safe .. SAFE mitigation processes. Not worth a concussion, broken leg or worse but it appears to me a fair amount of wintry qpf is coming the next 12 days. Everyone for fire hydrant clearance when possible, especially late 7th, late 9th, and 13th. 

The idiots across the street dug out their car and piled the snow on the fire hydrant.

11 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

The idiots across the street dug out their car and piled the snow on the fire hydrant.

Don't worry that hydrant is not important. (sarcastic) :facepalm:

• 33andrain locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic