Weather Threats: Winter 2020-21 Edition Part II

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's safe to say "here we go" for Sunday - Tuesday in the Midwest and Northeast!   The pattern features a west-based -NAO, 50/50 low, large shortwave, confluence ahead of it over New

the fact that we have the signal for an Arctic jet-infused Miller A while a historic blizzard is ongoing and before a highly anomalous blocking pattern resets is totally astounding   LFG

Well, 3rd time is the charm, am I right?    The synoptic evolution preceding this, and during, renders a very impact and high-potential situation here with an anticyclonic wavebreak over S. Que

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, deform98 said:

great signal Thursday along the gradient 

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-3109600.png

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-3131200.png

Huge 50-50 low, PV there. Type of pattern will drop feet of snow. 

6 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Huge 50-50 low, PV there. Type of pattern will drop feet of snow. 

The 50/50, nao block, and pv centered out west really have my attention.  Gradient establishes itself and you get waa wanting to overrun the cold dome. Thursday could be another significant snowfall.  

2 minutes ago, uncle w said:

pretty good agreement with all members of the ao forecast going to-5sd...then rises to near neutral...are we going to get another big one?...its a great signal...we'll see...

1612699200-IK4ymSnVOq0.png

1612699200-KkYTFlMSkyg.png

If we keep getting these snowstorms like this into mid March we could have an issue with spring flooding especially if we get a few heavy rain events.

• 33andrain locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic