Weather Threats: Winter 2020-21 Edition Part II

The differences between the GFS vs Euro are very typical this far out...Model biases? Maybe so. Euro holds back the energy over the Southwest while the GFS is eager to push it through. PV placement is also a key aspect in terms of track/intensity 

models-2021011612-f192.500h_anom.na.gif

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's safe to say "here we go" for Sunday - Tuesday in the Midwest and Northeast!   The pattern features a west-based -NAO, 50/50 low, large shortwave, confluence ahead of it over New

the fact that we have the signal for an Arctic jet-infused Miller A while a historic blizzard is ongoing and before a highly anomalous blocking pattern resets is totally astounding   LFG

Well, 3rd time is the charm, am I right?    The synoptic evolution preceding this, and during, renders a very impact and high-potential situation here with an anticyclonic wavebreak over S. Que

Posted Images

1 hour ago, PB GFI said:

Not being a pig but I like what just hit the WC.

The EPS had that for the 31st at 0z.

image.png.eea260ec190fc23f9f77dee31ad91848.png

The late January early February threat is also showing up on the BSR and EAR.  The eps recognizes this as well given the extensive snow during that time period.  Hopefully we have lots to track. 

40 minutes ago, Tony F said:

For the entire run... wow.

76032A5D-9E0D-43A1-A898-9FFCC2340BF8.png

34A65440-FD70-4C39-93B9-3794D6A6AA55.png

6-10” mean a week out? 

sign. me. up.

I will say it again: the amount of potential for this one is truly threw the roof. We are seeing this without truly a lot of phasing, which most likely is available.

fun times ahead 

19 minutes ago, RAllen964 said:

6-10” mean a week out? 

sign. me. up.

I will say it again: the amount of potential for this one is truly threw the roof. We are seeing this without truly a lot of phasing, which most likely is available.

fun times ahead 

That's the entire run, but the mean is still solid for the storm 8ish days out

• 33andrain locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic