• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning gang. With the overload of model data available and being analyzed, I thought this morning would be a good time to take a step back and re-analyze this setup from a birds eye view. Often

Give it up for @brooklynwx99 y'all. fairly sure he hasn’t slept since Wednesday!

Any weather-related reason to post right now?     Classic 95 1-2 footer coming IMO. ❄️

Posted Images

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

precip filling in over W LI, NYC will continue to accumulate with high echoes moving in 

moderate snow and gusty

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-DIX-N0Q-20210201-2255-12-100.gif

LGA is up to 34 degrees, I am approaching 32 now here.

11 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

Every model in the world predicted that.

I know they were modeled to be, I want to know why.

It's not like we have a wind off the water. Temps ahve been rising since yesterday evening. 

Temps shot up fast up here in RI. Most of the snow has fallen at 32 to 33 degrees. The real heavy stuff sat at the coast and pretty much fizzled when it got up to my area. I border Providence to the southwest about 50 miles south/ southwest of Boston. About 5 inches. Can't complain. We've made out pretty good with snow when we were supposed to get little accumulation. I thought we were good for 10 to 12. Doubt we make it to that. More like 6 or 7 when all is said and done. Another very heavy band sitting at the southeast MA coast taking it's time and now looks to be breaking up as it pivots up my way.

3 minutes ago, WxInTheHeights said:

Up a fresh .6" last hour, now 12.3" total. First footer for me in 11 years. Let's keep it building.

You weren't around in 2014 or 2016?

18 minutes ago, MesoBanding said:

So happy to see you guys crush it but also super pumped for y’all to kick it this way when you’re ready to let it go. 

Hoping for 10+ more tomorrow through Wednesday after 3” today. 

Was that expected for you?? 

30 degrees, snowing moderately. 4 inches snow so far. Not sure how much total frozen precip fell because some was definitely compacted with sleet/freezing rain and all, but 4 inches of depth right now. 

1 minute ago, Vinny Findley said:

Temps shot up fast up here in RI. Most of the snow has fallen at 32 to 33 degrees. The real heavy stuff sat at the coast and pretty much fizzled when it got up to my area. I border Providence to the southwest about 50 miles south/ southwest of Boston. About 5 inches. Can't complain. We've made out pretty good with snow when we were supposed to get little accumulation. I thought we were good for 10 to 12. Doubt we make it to that. More like 6 or 7 when all is said and done. Another very heavy band sitting at the southeast MA coast taking it's time and now looks to be breaking up as it pivots up my way.

I have no idea what happened. I thought we were supposed to get 12-18 in Boston, that’s what the NWS had. The ocean water was too warm I guess, global warming screwed us.

9 minutes ago, NorEaster27 said:

LGA is up to 34 degrees, I am approaching 32 now here.

Despite that I'm getting beautiful dendrites right now. 

So aloft we're good. 

• 33andrain changed the title to **1/31/21-2/2/21 - MECS**
  • 33andrain unpinned this topic