• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning gang. With the overload of model data available and being analyzed, I thought this morning would be a good time to take a step back and re-analyze this setup from a birds eye view. Often

Give it up for @brooklynwx99 y'all. fairly sure he hasn’t slept since Wednesday!

Any weather-related reason to post right now?     Classic 95 1-2 footer coming IMO. ❄️

Posted Images

Just now, Sundog said:

It's all downhill from here lol

Euro gave 99% of the board a major snowstorm

i think the euro is starting to hone in on a general solution in terms of the area the storm stalls. we now have somewhat further south confluence as our northern cap/limit. the capture and stall is becoming evident and the overall evolution of the ccb is showing on near every model. we’re getting closer to an answer. which also means we’re getting closer to the media picking this up. buckle up.

Here's the 850mb low and the firehose jet placement on the ECMWF, enhancing moisture flux convergence and thermal gradient. Very good for heavy snows.along the I-95 corridor. The models have been sensitive to handling the confluence flow/ULL further north. So we still need to watch for more shifts either south or north.ecmwf-deterministic-ne-z850_speed-2256400.png.f412faa3d39979f58390653a77c1342c.png

4 minutes ago, Nick Psomaras said:

EURO Verbatim 

Start time from PHL-NYC : 8-10 pm Sunday night 

End time: 4-7 pm Tuesday 

WOW

Heaviest look to be on Tuesday morning 

Will confluence affect northern extent and potentially tamp down totals in SNE / Boston? I know this is sacrilege here, but I'd rather not dig out from 18" (me personally) - I always think 6-12" is the good sweet spot where I don't have to worry about shoveling my roof and sh&t like that.  

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

2DEF192B-6A32-4095-964E-D9F3F38F19AD.png

That would probably be a Nesis 5 based just on the amount of people affected. Chicago to DC to Philly to NYC to Boston along with a few other smaller cities. Unreal. 

1 minute ago, Funkyjbell said:

That would probably be a Nesis 5 based just on the amount of people affected. Chicago to DC to Philly to NYC to Boston along with a few other smaller cities. Unreal. 

This. That swath is nuts.

3 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Screenshot_20210128-133301_Chrome.jpg

You should show about 36" over your house in magic marker, lol.  Hey - serious question I asked before, but haven't seen an answer - has anyone seen the CMC maps?  They're stuck at 24 hrs on Pivotal/TT, but I saw people in the thread several pages ago saying the CMC was "great."  Can anyone share a map?  Thanks.  

• dmillz25 changed the title to 2021 Blizzard Discussion/Obs (Northeast/Mid Atlantic)
  • 33andrain changed the title to **1/31/21-2/2/21 - MECS**
  • 33andrain unpinned this topic