• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s finally done. 

Ukie is a snowstorm for Thursday 

i wouldn't count on the north trend being over 

Posted Images

Suppression is a concern, but I'd rather have 4" of snow and little rain vs. 7" of snow then 3/4" of rain and temps in the 40s.  

Just now, ru848789 said:

Suppression is a concern, but I'd rather have 4" of snow and little rain vs. 7" of snow then 3/4" of rain and temps in the 40s.  

jeez, suppression? Lol I don’t think so 

For the DC region, the last four 0z and 12z runs have gone from 4 inch of snow to now nearly 10 inches followed by a quarter inch of ice. A beautiful winter storm appears to be setting up! 

3 minutes ago, DualJet said:

still a warm nose Thursday night but precip is light

ecmwf_full_2021021512_096_40.75--74.0.png

Yes

Starts as snow for many but turns to sleet along the coast. This run was another tick southeast. 

NW trends with this would be bad for many of us northern posters. The only way it will be good is the high does not retreat and the low develops further south off the coast. NW trend would more than likely be less frozen and more rain

Just now, DualJet said:

NW trends with this would be bad for many of us northern posters. The only way it will be good is the high does not retreat and the low develops further south off the coast. NW trend would more than likely be less frozen and more rain

Yeah I’m not quite sure what the argument is here for.  The trend has clearly been SE.  Tuesday’s storm has become crucial becoming stronger and further NW to help us out later.  The NS piece is becoming a huge help as with with a NW flow further pushing amplification from happening.  Height suppression’s seem the most likely at this point in time.

• 33andrain changed the title to Met Winter 2021 Second Half Threats
  • dmillz25 unpinned this topic
  • dmillz25 pinned this topic
  • dmillz25 locked and unpinned this topic