• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s finally done. 

Ukie is a snowstorm for Thursday 

i wouldn't count on the north trend being over 

Posted Images

Interesting look with TPV over GL and sends a wave under it, interior look here.

Then as it moves out midweek is when we may see some storm action. Last stand for ol' man winter?

Eu9FpJNXcAA6qe_.jpeg

Eu9FpWEWQAMQyqW.png

9 hours ago, sferic said:

I think we'll have snow into April we easily have 6 weeks of potential snow

After March .......done I’ll be ready for spring !!!! 
love winter but April snow just a mess.

56 minutes ago, amugs said:

Next week need some amplification the the western ridge and we can get a banger around here. From Will C

Eu_m-UTXEAAaq5E?format=jpg&name=medium

Credit: Will C from twitter:

I give this winter a B- thus far. These last three weeks were amazing but most of January sucked. If we get one more snow event in March, I’ll raise my grade to a B.

11 minutes ago, MJOP8 said:

I give this winter a B- thus far. These last three weeks were amazing but most of January sucked. If we get one more snow event in March, I’ll raise my grade to a B.

I assume an A+ winter is 1995-1996? 

28 minutes ago, MJOP8 said:

I guess the question is this: What's your criteria for judgment? Is it number of inches of snow? Ability to track threats? Number of storms? Number of storms that produce x-number of inches? Depth of cold? Length of cold? Number of days with snow on the ground?

In some ways, this winter was an A. After all, there was no hype at all -- unlike last year. And in my area, we exceeded seasonal snowfall averages. But in some ways -- January, as you said, being one of them-- it was disappointing.

I enjoyed these last 3 weeks and they made up for a lousy January. I'd be more generous and give the winter a B+/A-. 

16 minutes ago, Mophstymeo said:

I guess the question is this: What's your criteria for judgment? Is it number of inches of snow? Ability to track threats? Number of storms? Number of storms that produce x-number of inches? Depth of cold? Length of cold? Number of days with snow on the ground?

In some ways, this winter was an A. After all, there was no hype at all -- unlike last year. And in my area, we exceeded seasonal snowfall averages. But in some ways -- January, as you said, being one of them-- it was disappointing.

I enjoyed these last 3 weeks and they made up for a lousy January. I'd be more generous and give the winter a B+/A-. 

Right now I have this winter at a solid B.   Two negatives- almost snowless January and no real severe cold.

Of course, December SECS and awesome February made up for a lot of that.
This assumes we do not get another flake.  If it snows again appreciably, the grade will be higher.

52 minutes ago, MJOP8 said:

Good lord 3 feet in one storm here and more on top several inches.

A for me ! 

While January didn’t have any snow we were coming off a great pre Christmas storm which soothed the fears of the prior year.  The entire month of January it was all about the block and how it would eventually pay off.  We tracked that block for weeks and that in itself was like tracking a storms 🤣🤣🤣🤣.  It was an awesome three months of tracking.  

• 33andrain changed the title to Met Winter 2021 Second Half Threats
  • dmillz25 locked and unpinned this topic