February 18-19, 2021 Winter Storm

2 minutes ago, MJOP8 said:

inxr1Kphla_h.gifIt keeps developing in SEPA/Maryland/Delaware.

Crazy morning here. Where I’m at in southern Delco. (Sepa), I have like 2-3” of now/ip.. 10 miles nw they have 9.5”! 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after the 12z suite, my confidence for a significant snowfall event has increased throughout the metro   globals are likely underdoing the precip amounts. there is an anomalous 250mb jet, an

if anemic means a widespread 6-8”, sign me up please 

IMO, this is a 6-12" snowfall for a large area. 8-12" for much of the NYC metro. Areas closer to NYC can stop referring to this as a front end thump because most of the system will in fact be snow, wi

Posted Images

Great snow out there right now. I have a buffet of snow habit. Lots of aggregates of needles, saw denrities and plates on my jacket. Not overly rimed yet either. Snow is not just dendrites. Its accumulating fine. 

Crazy heavy precip now, big flakes mixed with medium flakes mixed with heavy sleet and loud pings. Low visibility. Keep in mind I'm only in 35 dbz. 

3 minutes ago, Oglem said:

Heavy sleet right now. An occasional flake or two. - Just as I was to post this changed to mostly snow, really big flakes. I have to admit it's entertaining to watch the variance in precip: big flakes, to heavy sleet, to small flakes, to sleet with 10% big flakes, to sleet mixed with small flakes, lol, so I'll give it that, even though it's not fun to miss out on the best totals and rates. Let's see what this storm has in store for us next! Still 25 degrees.

What town are u in again ?

Just now, swamplover56 said:

Heavy snow has returned to dunellen. 

Usually scotch plains follows. And flakes definitely getting larger again.

Just now, BlizzardBill said:

What town are u in again ?

Mt Laurel, right around here:

image.png.9fac4492ff6b519440aea0f13cd22884.png

Just like that we're back to heavy sleet and a couple flakes mixed in. 

• ModRisk unpinned this topic