February 18-19, 2021 Winter Storm

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after the 12z suite, my confidence for a significant snowfall event has increased throughout the metro   globals are likely underdoing the precip amounts. there is an anomalous 250mb jet, an

if anemic means a widespread 6-8”, sign me up please 

IMO, this is a 6-12" snowfall for a large area. 8-12" for much of the NYC metro. Areas closer to NYC can stop referring to this as a front end thump because most of the system will in fact be snow, wi

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, eyestptheskies said:

Totally different storm than was called for in terms of duration as wellS No one talking about  the fact that this is winding down at mom and was supposed to be a 24

hour event...more like six hour event...wow

yeah all the model watching and such and here we are wrapping up the first part by 3pm or so

1 minute ago, johnnydanger said:

Southern Poconos, Jim Thorpe 

Light snow changed to sleet briefly about an hour ago, before all precip ended about 30 minutes ago. Clouds are already thinning out, and it’s beginning to brighten up 

May have gotten about 2 inches of snow before the sleet compacted what there was 

Nice, my neighbor grew up there.  I just know that area from Skirmish.  

Just now, eyestptheskies said:

That’s true..but it was modeled as such

It was always supposed to lighten up after 4pm with a 6 to 8 hour front end thump then whatever falls on the backside after a break

1 minute ago, johnnydanger said:

Southern Poconos, Jim Thorpe 

Light snow changed to sleet briefly about an hour ago, before all precip ended about 30 minutes ago. Clouds are already thinning out, and it’s beginning to brighten up 

Suns been out all morning, just had some flakes. Thought we’d see some light snow all night into tomorrow.I hope we see that backside energy redevelop a bit 

2 minutes ago, omo_yankee said:

what is up with the snow flakes? radar show heavy snow and it was flurries

As @DualJet mentioned. 

32 minutes ago, DualJet said:

Radar does not see what is falling right over your homes. The beams bend with height and most radars are not in your backyards. So you may see something look heavy on top of you, but it does not necessarily mean its falling out on top of you

21 minutes ago, wxmd529 said:

3.2in and getting a mix of large flakes and rimed flakes making some noise. Still coming down heavy 

Same over here tho def loud pinging I’m hearing as well 

• ModRisk unpinned this topic