February 18-19, 2021 Winter Storm

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after the 12z suite, my confidence for a significant snowfall event has increased throughout the metro   globals are likely underdoing the precip amounts. there is an anomalous 250mb jet, an

if anemic means a widespread 6-8”, sign me up please 

IMO, this is a 6-12" snowfall for a large area. 8-12" for much of the NYC metro. Areas closer to NYC can stop referring to this as a front end thump because most of the system will in fact be snow, wi

Posted Images

I don't understand how the NWS Storm Total only has 3.8" as the highest amount in Brooklyn - but there are numerous reports of 5-7" in Queens, Nassau and Suffolk. We got hit with the same insane band that impacted those counties on Thursday afternoon - plus we received about 1.5" more on Friday.

35 minutes ago, Hailstorm said:

I don't understand how the NWS Storm Total only has 3.8" as the highest amount in Brooklyn - but there are numerous reports of 5-7" in Queens, Nassau and Suffolk. We got hit with the same insane band that impacted those counties on Thursday afternoon - plus we received about 1.5" more on Friday.

Sheepshead Spotter measured 4 inches with only 0.5 today. I dont get it. 

We got more than 0.5 today.

1 hour ago, swamplover56 said:

5.2” storm total in dunellen. 46.3” season. Be shocked if I don’t hit 50. By far my biggest winter in 4 years living here now. 

Really?  We got 50.8" in Metuchen in 2017-18 - would've thought you had simillar...

Last night at 11PM had a light snow shower as we were driving home from a freinds.
6" total here from 36 hours of wintry precipitation!! If that dry air at 500 over NNJ, LHV did not inhibit the snow growth we would have had 7-8" maybe a rouch more.  Kudos to CCB with that call again.

NAM did a very good job with the storm overall for sniffing out the warm layer, the frontogenesis banding as well IMO. And we retire it in May I believe?

20210220_083629.jpg

20210220_083546.jpg

1 hour ago, MJOP8 said:

inxr1Kphla_h.gifProbably will see snow showers occasionally throughout the day. HRRR keeps insisting on it.

Was just outside, rinsing down the jeep to get the salt off.  swore a couple times I saw... something.  now I see I wasn't insane... well, not any more insane than I already am. :D

• ModRisk unpinned this topic