February 22, 2021: N&W Burbs Snow Thump

without doubt this has been one of the most active february's i have ever witnessed in my long long life, its like snow every other few days, we will not see a february like this for a very very very long time, i think i have about 28 inches for the month of february, maybe add to it over the weekend

EDIT: JUST added up for february alone 33.5 inches, 57 inches for total since october

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blinding snow!  Fun driving the kiddos to school!  

Very heavy roughly 4” throughout the day today. Compacted down to 2.5 now.   Wettest snow of the season in Vernon.   Shoveled  the  whole damn driveway by myself. 

We have this much snow. 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, sota said:

anyone got a snow total for the scotch plains area? (should be close enough for me)

@33andrain reported 3 inches in S.P.   I saw 2.4 in Mountainside and 2.8 in New Providence

4 hours ago, Anthony Cacchioli said:

Im in North New Hyde Park (W. Nassau County) and I measured 1" of snow on my snowboard as of 1:15 pm before the changeover to rain. Any reason as to why Central Park only measured 0.4" and LGA measured 0.6"?

They're supposed to make a measurement when the precip changes. 

If snow and rain are mixed and there is snow that accumulates, report the precipitation (melted) in the gauge as your daily precipitation, and report the maximum accumulation of the new snow as Snowfall. If the snow is likely to melt before the official observation time, it is best to measure the depth of the new snow as soon as possible after the snow ends before it has a chance to melt. Be sure to include that you had mixed precipitation in your comments.

https://www.weather.gov/coop/Forms-Manuals-Equipment

3 hours ago, NJwxguy78 said:

Very heavy roughly 4” throughout the day today. Compacted down to 2.5 now.

Wettest snow of the season in Vernon.

Shoveled  the  whole damn driveway by myself. 

085BF899-9839-4796-84C3-2A4D3CC7A355.jpeg

Came out great! Nice work 

1 hour ago, sota said:

anyone got a snow total for the scotch plains area? (should be close enough for me)

8” in Dec

20” blizzard

7” Super Bowl 

2” Arctic snow

5” last week

3” today

Had three mini events that I added up to 3” total. 

48” total

At least that’s what I’m going with for my area lol.

5 hours ago, Allsnow said:

@green tube 27.6 inches of snow so far for the month at Rutgers weather station. What did they receive today? 

I don't know what they got.  I got 1.3" today.   23.9" for February.   I'm always intrigued by the difference between me and Rutgers Gardens, which is about 4 miles from me.