Current Observations: Spring/Summer 2021

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yay!

Just got a flurry here in the poconos...

From Thursdays storms pics from my neighbors.    

Posted Images

Nice day out there. A little warmer would be nice but close enough.

Current temp is 70 here.

Morning thoughts...

Today will be partly to mostly sunny and warm. Temperatures will likely reach the middle 70s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 76°

Newark: 78°

Philadelphia: 75°

Tomorrow will be fair and continued warm. The potential exists for the last week of May to see above to much above normal temperatures. During the 1981-2010 period, New York City averaged 0.9 days on which the temperature reached 90° or above during May. During the 1991-2020 period, that figure rose slightly to 1.0 days. 

49 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

An absolutely gorgeous day out there.

Current temp 75

doesnt get any better than this

Morning thoughts...

Today will be partly to mostly sunny and warm. Temperatures will likely reach the middle 70s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 77°

Newark: 79°

Philadelphia: 77°

Tomorrow will be variably cloudy and still warm. As the PNA plunges to abnormally low levels for May, an impressive warmup could develop next week.

I originally thought that I was going to get some rain showers monday/tuesday, but models trended drier again for that. Lovely weekend on tap.

Morning thoughts...

Today will be variably cloudy and somewhat cooler. Temperatures will likely reach the lower to perhaps middle 70s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 74°

Newark: 76°

Philadelphia: 73°

Tomorrow will be partly cloudy with high temperatures again reaching the lower 70s in most places. As the PNA plunges to abnormally low levels for May, an impressive warmup could develop later this week.

Morning thoughts...

Today will be partly to mostly sunny and warm. Temperatures will likely reach the middle and upper 70s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 78°

Newark: 79°

Philadelphia: 78°

Tomorrow will be fair and somewhat warmer.

I have never seen a supercell structure this beautiful than the photos I saw on twitter, last night, from west Texas. Today features a moderate risk, primarily for very large hail

day1probotlk_1300_hail.gif

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

Morning thoughts...

Today will be partly to mostly sunny and very warm. Temperatures will likely reach the middle and upper 70s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 83°

Newark: 85°

Philadelphia: 82°

Tomorrow will be fair and unseasonably warm.