Current Observations: Spring/Summer 2021

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yay!

Just got a flurry here in the poconos...

From Thursdays storms pics from my neighbors.    

Posted Images

Morning thoughts...

Low temperatures in New York City, Newark, and Philadelphia were 28°, 28°, and 29° respectively. For Central Park, that as the coldest April temperature since April 5, 2016 when the temperature fell to 26°. For Newark, it was the coldest April temperature since April 6, 2016 when the temperature was 27°. For Philadelphia, it was the coldest April temperature since April 11, 2018 when the mercury dipped to 29°. At Binghamton, the temperature fell to 17°. That broke the daily record of 19°, which was set in 2003.

Today will be variably cloudy and unseasonably cold. A stray rain or snow shower cannot be ruled out during the afternoon, especially north and west of New York City. High temperatures will likely reach the upper 30s and lower 40s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 41°

Newark: 43°

Philadelphia: 45°

Tomorrow will start off with unseasonably cold temperatures, but a warmer afternoon is likely. The warming trend will continue through the weekend.

Made it down to 29, currently 35. Cold night for April. Tonight should be even colder, prob mid 20s. 

My high temperature today was 38 and that is the first time an April high temperature was below 40 in a very long time. I honestly can't remember the last time that happened, Perhaps April 2003. 

Morning thoughts...

Across the region, temperatures again started at or below freezing. At Allentown, the low temperature of 20° tied the daily record set in 1954. Saranac Lake reported a near record low of just 2°.

The cold start will give way to a warmer afternoon. Today will be mostly sunny and milder. High temperatures will likely reach the lower and middle 50s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 54°

Newark: 55°

Philadelphia: 55°

The warming trend will continue through the weekend.

Out West, there is a chance that the temperature could make a run at 100° at Phoenix for the first time this year tomorrow. Should the temperature reach the century mark, that would be the 3rd earliest such temperature on record for Phoenix. 

Temp is 42 with a biting wind and a dewpoint near 0. With full sunshine and no snow cover this is one of the coldest April days I have felt in my lifetime With full sunshine. April 1982 the days after the snowstorm in April 1995 are the only other times I remember it being as cold as this with full sunshine. 

Very impressive Arctic outbreak for this time of year. 

Morning thoughts...

Early morning clouds will give way to sunshine. The afternoon will be mostly sunny and mild. High temperatures will likely reach the lower and middle 60s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 63°

Newark: 64°

Philadelphia: 67°

Tomorrow will be mostly sunny and mild.

Out West, there is a chance that the temperature could make a run at 100° at Phoenix for the first time this year today. Should the temperature reach the century mark, that would be the 3rd earliest such temperature on record for Phoenix. 

Morning thoughts...

It will be mostly sunny and warm. High temperatures will likely reach the middle and upper 60s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 67°

Newark: 68°

Philadelphia: 69°

Tomorrow will be mostly sunny and continued warm.

68.1 in Muttontown & 67 in Syosset for the high.  Had fun with wife & kids at Tobay beach this afternoon despite the strong NW winds.