High-Impact Mid-Atl/Northeast Ida-related Weather Event

Just now, WxLover said:

NJ power outages are skyrocketing 

as @CCB! said, the jet is roaring and there’s some mixing down now.

windy here in the sticks. Hearing whole trees fall.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's an email I just sent out to all of our mets here...slightly re-purposed but not much because I'm too tired to:   Just wanted to comment on a trend I'm noticing on guidance with Ida's

I had to walk home from work.  There were no ubers, taxis, buses, etc, running, and I didn't drive today. On my walk home, I literally almost got swept away by waters.  I lost textbooks, my watch

convection wins. the models routinely show too little activity near the warm front 

Posted Images

Wife couldn’t make it home to scotch Plains from Piscataway. Ended up camping out at her moms in south Plainfield for the night. Her mom has 8” of water in the basement and waist deed water outside of her house

2 minutes ago, Kingfm said:

Never in my life. Yellowstone boulevard is a pool, basement apartment units are being evacuated. 

Sheesh. I'm on 76th Ave, Forest Hills. Insane rain. Haven't seen the blvd, but have seen videos of extreme flooding. 

Getting a good NW breeze behind the front. 65.1/63.1. 2.41” of rain today, though 1.3” of it came at 4 AM with 4”/hr rain rates. We’re very lucky this didn’t track just a slight bit further south or Ellicott City (extremely flood prone) would be in a terrible spot. The coverage of these flash flood emergencies is mind boggling

10 minutes ago, Manny said:

Sheesh. I'm on 76th Ave, Forest Hills. Insane rain. Haven't seen the blvd, but have seen videos of extreme flooding. 

I’m on 67th and Yellowstone, it’s a mess. Jewel avenue is also flooded going toward metropolitan. 

• CCB! unpinned and unfeatured this topic