High-Impact Mid-Atl/Northeast Ida-related Weather Event

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's an email I just sent out to all of our mets here...slightly re-purposed but not much because I'm too tired to:   Just wanted to comment on a trend I'm noticing on guidance with Ida's

I had to walk home from work.  There were no ubers, taxis, buses, etc, running, and I didn't drive today. On my walk home, I literally almost got swept away by waters.  I lost textbooks, my watch

convection wins. the models routinely show too little activity near the warm front 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, CCB! said:

Latest hrrr for when the primary round moves through the EPA/NJ/NYC area.

hrrr_apcpn_neus_fh5-13.gif

I had to let water out of the pool because it runit over...My rain guage which I think is a jinx because I started using it for Henri...Since then NYC must of had the wettest three week period on record...or close to it...After this storm that guage is going back into retirement...I'll bring it out for snow chances and see if it works that well with snow...about 7" in that guage now...

17 minutes ago, Kingfm said:

I’m on 67th and Yellowstone, it’s a mess. Jewel avenue is also flooded going toward metropolitan. 

Wow...and yeah my building lobby is flooded. 

My dad just called and said as he was driving to work he had to turn around. Cars flooded to their roofs on the cross island while he was on the expressway. Had to turn around because it was too dangerous. He said people were wading in chest deep water using their phone lights to see…. On the expressway itself everyone was pulled over with their hazards on due to how heavy the rain was, and some of the smaller cars started to stall. He took a video of the flooding on the cross island, from the ramp to get onto it from the expressway. I’ll try to post it here if i get a chance.

1 minute ago, Intensewind001 said:

My dad just called and said as he was driving to work he had to turn around. Cars flooded to their roofs and floating on the cross island while he was on the expressway. Had to turn around because it was too dangerous. He said people where wading in chest deep water using their phone lights to see…. On the expressway itself everyone was pulled over with their hazards on due to how heavy the rain was. He took a video of the flooding on the cross island, I’ll try to post it here if i get a chance

That's insane. I hope he's safe.

• CCB! unpinned and unfeatured this topic