2018 New York Mets - Sports - 33andrain Jump to content
Allsnow

2018 New York Mets

Francesca said today on air, that a ex NY Met said it was the worst locker room in the league last year. Went on to also say that Cespedes is the root of it 

3 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Smith suspended already and overweight? 

honestly I'm not sure what to make of Smith's power. His numbers in AAA look nice, but the PCL is a hitters league and he hit for considerably less power on the road (.325/.389/.548 with 30 XBHat home, .336/.383/.489 with 22 XBH on the road). He could also stand to cut down on the ground balls, his GB% was 50.4%. On the other hand he did make a lot of hard contact in his time in the majors, posting a 37% hard contact rate and 52.1% medium contact rate. There's also this:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-dominic-smith-poised-to-improve-in-2018/c-264264624

As for Adrian, he looked pretty toasty last year. Maybe he rebounds to something in line with 2016 but even then you're looking at a slow 1B with a 111 wRC+. It's amazing how quickly his power fell off.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, evan said:

honestly I'm not sure what to make of Smith's power. His numbers in AAA look nice, but the PCL is a hitters league and he hit for considerably less power on the road (.325/.389/.548 with 30 XBHat home, .336/.383/.489 with 22 XBH on the road). He could also stand to cut down on the ground balls, his GB% was 50.4%. On the other hand he did make a lot of hard contact in his time in the majors, posting a 37% hard contact rate and 52.1% medium contact rate. There's also this:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-dominic-smith-poised-to-improve-in-2018/c-264264624

As for Adrian, he looked pretty toasty last year. Maybe he rebounds to something in line with 2016 but even then you're looking at a slow 1B with a 111 wRC+. It's amazing how quickly his power fell off.

I’m not sold on him, have you heard Joe and Evan rip him on the wfan? 

• Like 1

I got this when Jimmy Piersall hit his 100th home run and ran around the basses backwards...

mets.gif

• Like 2

i have no gut feeling on what this team will do this year.  i don't like the home run or strikeout lineup.  i love Nimmo.  he's going to be an on-base machine... but he's on the bench the moment Conforto comes back.  of course Yo will miss 3 months at some point.... so Nimmo will get another chance.  the question is which will happen first: the Mets having a full season of healthy starting pitching or DC getting a snowstorm. water pistol to my head i say 88 wins.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Mets have a playoff team if they can stay healthy.

Worst training staff in sports

Solid opening day win for the Mets. Noah looked good. 

41 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Nice start to the season

Bullpen looks great starting pitching good enough bats will wake up. Definitely caustiously optimistic about first 5

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, Frankdp23 said:

Mid-80s for wins would be huge for this team.  They have a shot if healthy.  

Francesca said 92 wins and division crown