*** Support 33andrain *** - Page 3 - Weather Spotlight - 33andrain Jump to content
NJwxguy78

*** Support 33andrain ***

23 hours ago, 33andrain said:
  • In 2017, it cost just under $3,000 to own and operate 33andrain.com. 
  • Cost includes: 
    • Hosting
    • App/plugin purchases to enhance user experience
    • Legal filings
    • Branded merchandise/growth methods
    • Other discretionary expenses
  • Our tremendous staff is unpaid despite the countless hours of time they dedicate in service to the community
  • We haven’t paid anyone to post here. :)
  • Some of the above expenses may fluctuate, but our rapidly increasing membership will mean an 80% increase in hosting cost in 2018

Since last Thursday, we have received $500 in donations. HUGE! Again, a BIG thank you to our donors. We will pull in an additional ~$300 in ad revenue this year. As you can see, this leaves us well short of our projected costs.

We received another $110. yesterday bringing our total haul to $610! Please keep them coming. We greatly appreciate the generosity.

2 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Have a shirt for me ?

If we can raise enough money, we'll get some different merchandise. The hats have been a huge hit, but mostly through contests and other strategic giveaways. Just sent a few to JB for him and his family. :) 

Thank you to T.S. for the contribution to our 2018 fund!

Don't know enough to match to a user name, so please give us a shout-out if you can and want.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jake732 said:

me:my_biggrin:  

Thank you sir! Very much appreciated. 

31 minutes ago, Jake732 said:

me:my_biggrin:  

Thank you very much!! 

• Like 1

Thank you R.W. for the donation. Thank you to those who have contributed. If others can give even a small amount, it will help us get to our 2018 goal.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 8:43 AM, 33andrain said:
  • In 2017, it cost just under $3,000 to own and operate 33andrain.com. 
  • Cost includes: 
    • Hosting
    • App/plugin purchases to enhance user experience
    • Legal filings
    • Branded merchandise/growth methods
    • Other discretionary expenses
  • Our tremendous staff is unpaid despite the countless hours of time they dedicate in service to the community
  • We haven’t paid anyone to post here. :)
  • Some of the above expenses may fluctuate, but our rapidly increasing membership will mean an 80% increase in hosting cost in 2018

Since last Thursday, we have received $500 in donations. HUGE! Again, a BIG thank you to our donors. We will pull in an additional ~$300 in ad revenue this year. As you can see, this leaves us well short of our projected costs.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:40 AM, 33andrain said:

We received another $110. yesterday bringing our total haul to $610! Please keep them coming. We greatly appreciate the generosity.

We have received another $150 since this update, bringing the total to $760. For those who have donated to 33andrain, another sincere thank you. :) For those who have not, as our last period of Winter weather tracking approaches, please consider tossing a few bones our way to help with the costs outlined earlier in the thread. If PayPal is not your thing, but you want to contribute, please send me a PM and we can work out another method for getting it done.

https://www.paypal.me/33andrain

Thank you R.L. for your donation! Feel free to identify yourself here, or remain anonymous. Either way, very much appreciated.

• Like 3

Amazing generosity from our incredible members 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 33andrain said:

We have received another $150 since this update, bringing the total to $760. For those who have donated to 33andrain, another sincere thank you. :) For those who have not, as our last period of Winter weather tracking approaches, please consider tossing a few bones our way to help with the costs outlined earlier in the thread. If PayPal is not your thing, but you want to contribute, please send me a PM and we can work out another method for getting it done.

https://www.paypal.me/33andrain

We just received our first check in the mail. Thank you H.O. for the very generous contribution to our 2018 operating expenses! :) Feel free to confirm your identity here, or remain anonymous. We are very appreciative.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MR FREEZE said:

That's me.......Harold (Mr. Freeze)...  Glad to help out the site!

Thank you again !!! :) 

• Like 1

Thank you for the donation, A.M. ? Please feel free to identify yourself or remain anonymous if you wish. We are very very grateful. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 33andrain said:

Thank you for the donation, A.M. ? Please feel free to identify yourself or remain anonymous if you wish. We are very very grateful. 

Geoff that was me Mugs LOL!

I will be true to my bet to donate the other $25 if any reporting station in NYC gets 6" or more with these next two storms

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, amugs said:

Geoff that was me Mugs LOL!

I will be true to my bet to donate the other $25 if any reporting station in NYC gets 6" or more with these next two storms

I knew it was you, but wanted to respect your anonymity if desired. Thanks again bud and we appreciate your support. :) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 33andrain said:

I knew it was you, but wanted to respect your anonymity if desired. Thanks again bud and we appreciate your support. :) 

Pleasure is all mine. Thanks for runnin along with the other mods and administrative team a fantastic board.

Again NYC see 6" plus another 25 will be donated. May not be much to some but what I am able to muster at this time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, amugs said:

Pleasure is all mine. Thanks for runnin along with the other mods and administrative team a fantastic board.

Again NYC see 6" plus another 25 will be donated. May not be much to some but what I am able to muster at this time.

ANY amount given by anyone is amazing. :) 

• Like 1