*** Support 33andrain *** - Page 2 - Historical Threads - 33andrain Jump to content
NJwxguy78

*** Support 33andrain ***

What is the goal?  And is that counter constantly updated that is saying 20% has been met?  I clicked the button, but think it was going a bit wacky as it was only letting me enter cents instead of dollar amounts.  I'll try again in a bit.  Maybe it is my work computer.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Frankdp23 said:

What is the goal?  And is that counter constantly updated that is saying 20% has been met?  I clicked the button, but think it was going a bit wacky as it was only letting me enter cents instead of dollar amounts.  I'll try again in a bit.  Maybe it is my work computer.

Hi frank!

The goal is a few dollars from each of our 700 members to offset operating expenses. A million would be cool :)

We have the basic fees of running a forum this size - a few hundred a month - then we have some proprietary stuff we are working on as well as add-ons that make the experience a little smoother. One of us will be happy to share more details privately, just pm us and we’ll meet you with our books and financial statements if there’s a day and time that works for you !

(testing now - I didn’t see anything buggy but we’ll keep looking into it).

• Like 2

• In 2017, it cost just under $3,000 to own and operate 33andrain.com. 
  • Cost includes: 
    • Hosting
    • App/plugin purchases to enhance user experience
    • Legal filings
    • Branded merchandise/growth methods
    • Other discretionary expenses
  • Our tremendous staff is unpaid despite the countless hours of time they dedicate in service to the community
  • We haven’t paid anyone to post here. :)
  • Some of the above expenses may fluctuate, but our rapidly increasing membership will mean an 80% increase in hosting cost in 2018

Since last Thursday, we have received $500 in donations. HUGE! Again, a BIG thank you to our donors. We will pull in an additional ~$300 in ad revenue this year. As you can see, this leaves us well short of our projected costs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 33andrain said:
  • In 2017, it cost just under $3,000 to own and operate 33andrain.com. 
  • Cost includes: 
    • Hosting
    • App/plugin purchases to enhance user experience
    • Legal filings
    • Branded merchandise/growth methods
    • Other discretionary expenses
  • Our tremendous staff is unpaid despite the countless hours of time they dedicate in service to the community
  • We haven’t paid anyone to post here. :)
  • Some of the above expenses may fluctuate, but our rapidly increasing membership will mean an 80% increase in hosting cost in 2018

Since last Thursday, we have received $500 in donations. HUGE! Again, a BIG thank you to our donors. We will pull in an additional ~$300 in ad revenue this year. As you can see, this leaves us well short of our projected costs.

@Frankdp23 is this the breakdown you were looking for?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

Check mailed out today!!!

Thank you!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

Thank you, donor “E,” who’s username we do not know!

I believe that was me. If E means Eric haha. You're welcome and thank you for this awesome site/group!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pajamas said:

I believe that was me. If E means Eric haha. You're welcome and thank you for this awesome site/group!

Thanks @Pajamas! You will get your 2 foot blizzard!!!

• Like 3