White Christmas? Possible Snow Event 12/25

Just now, Isotherm said:

Just remember the 45F pea soup fog they have through early July, and that helps lessen the envy a little.

yeah that's true, our summer doesn't really start until August lol. And the marine layer kills just about every thunderstorm that comes our way

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May as well go out with a bang for my model plots.  

How’s everyone’s “Christmas Torch” doing?  

The EPS is more bullish w/ the developing of pcpn further southwest Christmas morning, from NYC northeastward.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jack Sillin said:

yeah that's true, our summer doesn't really start until August lol. And the marine layer kills just about every thunderstorm that comes our way

I doubt we do much better than you in the T-storm department, in all honesty. But no doubt, your summers are essentially 5-6 weeks long.

3 minutes ago, DualJet said:

this is just not going to be good for us near NYC and the coast. Maybe some wrap around, but thats always tricky.  Inland folks, enjoy!

The trend has definitely been warmer and warmer with this the last few days. Hopefully we have better luck next week. Enjoy the snow New England 

10 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

The trend has definitely been warmer and warmer with this the last few days. Hopefully we have better luck next week. Enjoy the snow New England 

I hope you all do. Ill be in Raleigh Dec 27 - Jan 3 

you couldn't ask for a worse Christmas morning coming up if it rains...I checked the ao/nao/pna forecasts and they were mediocre...the pna does rise after a brief dip into the negatives but the ao and nao are still fuzzy with some members positive and some negative...the long range for next week can go south in a hurry like our Christmas storm...Or should I say north...

14 minutes ago, CTsnowstorm628 said:

I've been on the warmer side of the envelope all along, and personally I don't like this set up from NYC to BOS. Could envision NW CT into NC MA doing well, though!

As the models depict a deeper low pressure center we're losing our White Christmas. This may or may not be right, but such have been the trends since yesterday now and you gotta probably believe. I'm sure we'll see some mood flakes, but with a deepening low to our west it will hook toward the northeast rather than move due east across or just south of the area prior to re-developing off the coast and this means re-development off the coast will most likely occur too far north/east.

WX/PT

1 minute ago, Snowman11 said:

GFS ticked east and has mostly snow for inland areas to the north and west of the NYC area.

no it did not. Its warmer, the secondary is forming closer to LI ala the NAM and also is further inland across Eastern MA

13 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

As the models depict a deeper low pressure center we're losing our White Christmas. This may or may not be right, but such have been the trends since yesterday now and you gotta probably believe. I'm sure we'll see some mood flakes, but with a deepening low to our west it will hook toward the northeast rather than move due east across or just south of the area prior to re-developing off the coast and this means re-development off the coast will most likely occur too far north/east.

WX/PT

Makes you appreciate how things come together when there's a big one - really does take a lot with many things possibly going wrong!