March to come in like a Lion. 3/2 Coastal Storm Discussion - Page 119 - Archived Storm Threads - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
Superstorm93

March to come in like a Lion. 3/2 Coastal Storm Discussion

my Son tried to drive up to his Pocono home in Dingmans Ferry...He could not get passed the bridge over the Delaware...Trees down everywhere and no power...The development he is in has no power and trees down everywhere...20" of wet snow and high winds made is a disaster area...cars abandoned all over...it's the worst storm to hit that area in decades...Last March they had a 30" storm but it was a dry snow...

http://www.poconorecord.com/news/20180302/riley-bombs-poconos-national-guard-activated

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ru848789 said:

Gotcha - yeah it was quite a steep gradient near that band - what town?  I grew up in the Philly area (Gloucester County NJ, but spent a lot of time in and around Philly).  

I lived in Drexel Hill 1980-1996 - probably close to the area you are talking about.

12 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

Hrm.

C452BEC9-3A46-4D8C-AB52-A822EED5EC1B.jpeg

Right in time for next storm!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mriceyman said:

Right in time for next storm!

Essentially anyone not repaired by Tuesday night faces an outage that rivals sandy.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

Essentially anyone not repaired by Tuesday night faces an outage that rivals sandy.

We were out 10 days for sandy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mriceyman said:

We were out 10 days for sandy

Up here it was 13 days.... the next two storms could do it 

This is not a good sign an hour before high tide 

20180303_204240_1.gif

20180303_204240_2.gif

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ModRisk said:

This is not a good sign an hour before high tide 

20180303_204240_1.gif

20180303_204240_2.gif

Where is that?

11 hours ago, ru848789 said:

Where exactly?  Always helpful to know...

S Montgomery County 

18 minutes ago, Apophis said:

S Montgomery County 

ok, so why list Philly as your location (and why not say what town in southern Montgomery?)?  Not that you have to, but if you don't it's just harder to place where your reports are coming from.  

On 3/2/2018 at 3:18 PM, CCB! said:

How's it going, @Jack Sillin?

The past couple days have been quite the adventure! Still down on the cape, had some business to attend to yesterday after the storm wound down. That little thing you see on that map came in when I was at Nauset beach. Strong enough to shake the car and when you stood outside you had to have your back face the wind because it was so strong, the sand on the beach, soaked by tide and rain, was drifting like fluffy snow. High tide today I saw a new inlet carved right in front of me through the dunes which was just epic. 20 foot waves crashing not 100 yards offshore. At the hotel last night in Chatham, the wind was so strong it shook the building and made waves in the toilet. No joke! Had a NE facing room which was just perfect. Trees down all over the place, had a transformer shower sparks on the car driving back to the hotel. More pics when I get home this evening, maybe I'll even have time to chat about that mid/late week storm. Alas, work...

IMG-2338.JPG

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

• Like 3