March to come in like a Lion. 3/2 Coastal Storm Discussion - Page 9 - Archived Storm Threads - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
Superstorm93

March to come in like a Lion. 3/2 Coastal Storm Discussion

1 minute ago, Dsnowx53 said:

The trend is as good as it gets. We got more interaction and a much improved confluence zone. The heights north of Maine are dramatically different, which as discussed before, is crucial for getting cold air here.

output_lVsIGU.gif.76a862de622a5a0009c987bf9f55e233.gif

Little sampling going a long way here with our shortwaves :) - And that's only 54 hours out now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 33andrain said:

Fairly sure Ant's post and clags reply was about storm 2. The Euro didn't hold serve there. It upped the ante. Big thyme.

Oh lmao... had me worried I posted the wrong storm... I went back and was verifying time stamps lmao...in that case treat yo self 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MesoBanding said:

Coming from the nw nj area - I would NOT sleep on something quite significant above 900’ or so. 

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NSFW Weather Guy said:

this is what the nam hinted at at 06z... then totally messed up the northern influence at 12z... I’m expecting nam to come back strong tonight 

Agreed - @rb924119 made a good post on this earlier.

• Like 2

Not the best analog but a storm like the October Snowmageddon storm comes to mind. 

Dynamically driven heavy wet snow with great timing. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

Fairly sure Ant's post and clags reply was about storm 2. The Euro didn't hold serve there. It upped the ante. Big thyme.

That’s what happened ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MesoBanding said:

Not the best analog but a storm like the October Snowmageddon storm comes to mind. 

Dynamically driven heavy wet snow with great timing. 

That would be nice...my parents house got over 2'.  I'd probably get 6-10 where I live now but NW CT would rake.

• Like 2

Re: Additional sampling... I used to have a good site (I think it was Unisys, not sure) that provided sounding status information for all North American sites, but I can't find it, womp womp... But both the northern stream & southern stream pieces should essentially be fully sampled by 0z tonight, with additional data to be ingested between 18z today & 6z tomorrow.

Anybody have any real time info on the west coast sites? @Superstorm93 is usually good for digging this stuff up.

Note, there are sounding sites in BC, Alberta & Saskatchewan, I just don't have that info right now.

image.png.6b90a52d04f7772344f9bc38b022c6e6.png

image.png.3970b97a8cd322717df3ceabd7457bf9.png

• Like 2