• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Long-time lurker in this forum. I'm currently a forecaster at NWS Chicago and got my start in NWS as a SCEP at OKX back in February 2009 and worked there until July 2010. I was born and raised in Coll

We might very well have a HECS on our hands. I’ll wait until 12z tomorrow to sound the alarm, but 00z tonight might be enough to do it.    Isn’t the weather amazing? Many of us including mys

This is bordering on a HECS now

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PB GFI said:

This really impressive when you match this up with UKMET totals.

Somehow we need to keep this all frozen. 

If we only lose a couple tenths during daylight than i say thats a win

15 minutes ago, DualJet said:

Im on the fence even with the GFS. If this was January I would be thrilled for everyone. Its going to depend on how much BL warmth comes at us from a track like this. Sometimes the models underestimate this and it is March. I know we all want to forget last year, but it does need to be mentioned. 

I was just thinking this. Had a client call me from SE CT and he actually (with no meteorology background) simply asked if there was any similarity to the storm that was progged to give SE CT 8" and they got I think 1" --> rain. It is March, and coastal areas (especially ISP-HVN eastward along the coast) need to remember that.

20 minutes ago, DualJet said:

Im on the fence even with the GFS. If this was January I would be thrilled for everyone. Its going to depend on how much BL warmth comes at us from a track like this. Sometimes the models underestimate this and it is March. I know we all want to forget last year, but it does need to be mentioned. 

As long as the warmth is high enough up to give us sleet, I'm ok - would way rather have sleet than rain or freezing rain. I still think last March's 7" of snow and 3" of sleet (for a LE of ~18" of frozen precip at 10:1 - same mass, at least) was awesome.  Would not have felt the same about 7" of snow and 1.1" of rain.