• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Long-time lurker in this forum. I'm currently a forecaster at NWS Chicago and got my start in NWS as a SCEP at OKX back in February 2009 and worked there until July 2010. I was born and raised in Coll

We might very well have a HECS on our hands. I’ll wait until 12z tomorrow to sound the alarm, but 00z tonight might be enough to do it.    Isn’t the weather amazing? Many of us including mys

This is bordering on a HECS now

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Superstorm93 said:

Incredible PVA at 48 hours

SLP actually retrogrades a bit from 39-45 before heading NNE/NE/ENE.

index.gif.f424aa223d285565474e43461434fad5.gif

index.gif.06250c8aee251b4a1d9017ca10cdba6d.gif

1 minute ago, CTsnowstorm628 said:

There's the HVN-ISP mix line concern. I think this run actually make a lot of sense. NYC special, lol.

Thank you for posting here! It’s a real treat 

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Thank you for posting here! It’s a real treat 

Agreed , he and Mike Clark put out some great stuff all winter.

While maintaining relative control over optimism based on model runs over the past 48 hours and in particular today approximately 36 hours before the onset of storm number one, while we also track a potential historic storm number 2, we may be looking at the possibility of some locations in the Metro doubling their seasonal total within the next week

I am still personally leery of this run. I think it's noise, and at 00z I think we see it come back to its 12z solution. I've noticed that the off-hour runs have alternated with their 00/12z counterparts with every event this season. Gotta wait and see, though. Regardless, this this would be a huge hit for the I-95, and blast my ideas to smithereens aha Pretty remarkable.

6 minutes ago, CCB! said:

SLP actually retrogrades a bit from 39-45 before heading NNE/NE/ENE.

Not sure if that's a retrograde. Just looks like the low tightens up a bit but the "L" on the map jumps to the left side of what was a bit of an elongation the frame before.

Or I'm wrong lol