Sign in to follow this  
evan

2018 MLB thread

15 more days until Opening Days people. Go Red Sox. :)

Some projected standings for those interested:

https://legacy.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

https://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=Standings

Top prospect lists:
http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2018-top-100-prospects/

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2018-top-100-katoh-prospects/

I'd post Baseball America's lists, but they're now behind a paywall after they redesigned their website. :(

• Like 1

Anybody see Harvey get shelled by the yanks? What happen to that guy 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

I never was a huge fan of his, but I hate when injuries zap the greatness of a player.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

injuries

Still, I wouldn't put any stock into a Spring Training game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, evan said:

injuries

Still, I wouldn't put any stock into a Spring Training game.

Most of the time I wouldn't, but his ego is such that he wouldn't want to be shelled by the Yanks of all teams.

Dodgers look like they dodged a bullet with Turner. He won't need surgery for his fractured wrist and he could be out 4-5 weeks instead of the 8-9 figure being tossed around. Good, he's one of the most exciting players in baseball.

Alex Cobb agreed to a 4 yr/$60M deal with the Orioles.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 12:45 PM, evan said:

Dodgers look like they dodged a bullet with Turner. He won't need surgery for his fractured wrist and he could be out 4-5 weeks instead of the 8-9 figure being tossed around. Good, he's one of the most exciting players in baseball.

The World Series was great last year! Hopefully, we get a repeat this year. Early thoughts? I think the Indians make it back this year. 

3 hours ago, Allsnow said:

The World Series was great last year! Hopefully, we get a repeat this year. Early thoughts? I think the Indians make it back this year. 

I think the Astros and Cubs have the best shots with the Indians/Yankees/Dodgers and maybe Red Sox just behind. Indians are very good, but I think their pitching regresses a ltitle this year. They might have the bet shot at 100+ wins just because the AL Central has 3 bad teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, evan said:

I think the Astros and Cubs have the best shots with the Indians/Yankees/Dodgers and maybe Red Sox just behind. Indians are very good, but I think their pitching regresses a ltitle this year. They might have the bet shot at 100+ wins just because the AL Central has 3 bad teams.

Such a long season that anything can happen. Plus, the game changes when the playoffs start. I’m nervous about the Yankees because in baseball the majority of the time “more is less.”

On 3/15/2018 at 10:17 PM, Allsnow said:

Injuries

On 3/19/2018 at 10:47 AM, toad strangler said:

Where the hell is a 2018 Yankee thread?

No one cares about the Yankees

On 3/21/2018 at 12:45 PM, evan said:

Mets should have kept Turner but who knew that he would become a very good player just like Murphy.

Yeah I can't really fault the Mets for Turner. He wasn't a highly touted prospect and it's not like he tore it up in the minors. Dodgers or Turner probably saw something in his mechanics and corrected it. Idk.

23 minutes ago, evan said:

Yeah I can't really fault the Mets for Turner. He wasn't a highly touted prospect and it's not like he tore it up in the minors. Dodgers or Turner probably saw something in his mechanics and corrected it. Idk.

It’s happen in baseball. Teams will miss on guys etc. As you said, he wasn’t tearing the cover off the baseball as a met. 

9 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Such a long season that anything can happen. Plus, the game changes when the playoffs start. I’m nervous about the Yankees because in baseball the majority of the time “more is less.”

a lot of things can change midseason at the deadline and I'd be shocked if the Yanks don't improve whatever holes they may have (2B/3B, which could be resolved internally).

Postseason is a crapshoot, just look no further than the 2006 and 2011 Cardinals, the 2014 Giants and 1987 Twins. Fine teams, but being the WS champions doesn't necessarily mean being the best IMO. 

• Like 1

SF Giants could be without Samardzija (strained muscle in his right shoulder) and Bumgarner (fractured hand) for a while. That rotation looked pretty suspect outside of them and Cueto as it was, but the current outlook is for Bum to be out 6-8 weeks and Samardzija could miss a chunk of April.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evan said:

SF Giants could be without Samardzija (strained muscle in his right shoulder) and Bumgarner (fractured hand) for a while. That rotation looked pretty suspect outside of them and Cueto as it was, but the current outlook is for Bum to be out 6-8 weeks and Samardzija could miss a chunk of April.

How did Bungarner fracture his hand? Management isn’t going to be happy. 

24 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

How did Bungarner fracture his hand? Management isn’t going to be happy. 

Comebacker. Not a MadBum fan, but that's just crappy luck.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2018 at 10:53 PM, evan said:

Comebacker. Not a MadBum fan, but that's just crappy luck.

Opening Day  in a few days! Looks like some cold games to start April 

Sale was his usual awesome self. A lot of good contact from Bogaerts and Devers so far as well. Archer actually looked pretty good, 2 of those runs came on a blooper that turned into an inside-the-park HR for Nunez.

Happy Opening Day guys. Best day of the year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, evan said:

Sale was his usual awesome self. A lot of good contact from Bogaerts and Devers so far as well. Archer actually looked pretty good, 2 of those runs came on a blooper that turned into an inside-the-park HR for Nunez.

Happy Opening Day guys. Best day of the year.

Glad they moved every team to the same opening day.