2018 MLB thread - Page 4 - Sports - 33andrain Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
evan

2018 MLB thread

9 hours ago, evan said:

It's looking like Machado is going to be a Dodger.

I'm thinking this will turn out to be a rental only and he will sign elsewhere in the offseason.  They have Seager coming back next season.  Good for them though to get him.  Major difference maker for the team.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 11:33 PM, evan said:

It's looking like Machado is going to be a Dodger.

5 prospects for a rental! Baltimore definitely got a lot for him 

On 7/19/2018 at 10:20 PM, Allsnow said:

5 prospects for a rental! Baltimore definitely got a lot for him 

They got a lot of depth out of it, but the Dodgers avoided giving up any of their top prospects (Verdugo, May, Lux, Ruiz).

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018/7/18/17588844/orioles-trade-manny-machado-to-dodgers-for-five-prospects

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/scouting-the-orioles-return-for-manny-machado

Diaz is intriguing but he hasn't shown a lot of in-game HR power and that might limit his ceiling, especially if he ends up playing one of the corners instead of center. He might be more of a high floor prospect than a high ceiling prospect. It's not a bad return by any means, but the Orioles farm system is still pretty lacking in impact talent. They have a big prospect in Hays, but he struggled in his MLB appearance last year and he's been struggling in AA.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, evan said:

They got a lot of depth out of it, but the Dodgers avoided giving up any of their top prospects (Verdugo, May, Lux, Ruiz).

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018/7/18/17588844/orioles-trade-manny-machado-to-dodgers-for-five-prospects

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/scouting-the-orioles-return-for-manny-machado

Diaz is intriguing but he hasn't shown a lot of in-game HR power and that might limit his ceiling, especially if he ends up playing one of the corners instead of center. He might be more of a high floor prospect than a high ceiling prospect. It's not a bad return by any means, but the Orioles farm system is still pretty lacking in impact talent. They have a big prospect in Hays, but he struggled in his MLB appearance last year and he's been struggling in AA.

I’m impressed with your baseball knowledge! I think it’s better then Evan Roberts 

• Like 1

I only pretend to know what I'm talking about, but thank you. :) 

Glad I finally got to go to CBP. Gorgeous ballpark and the weather cooperated.

• Like 1

The NL West and NL wild card is a dogfight.  Super interesting. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frankdp23 said:

,,The NL West and NL wild card is a dogfight.  Super interesting. 

With all the moves the dodgers made, one would think they should be playing better!

• Like 1

Still around. :)

Ohtani won't be pitching in 2019 with Tommy John, but he should still be able to bat next season. Right after news broke out, he went 4-4 with 2 bombs.

A's look pretty legit. Very good offense and bullpen, decent rotation even if they lack a reliable workhorse.

• Like 1

Just now, evan said:

Still around. :)

Ohtani won't be pitching in 2019 with Tommy John, but he should still be able to bat next season. Right after news broke out, he went 4-4 with 2 bombs.

Haha. Boomer and gio were talking about that this morning. He hit it just over the jimmy johns signs lol 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers win this one in 5-6. They have a waaaaaaaaay better rotation than the Brewers and a deeper lineup. Brewers bullpen is good, but if their starters can't do well then it's not much of an advantage in a 7 game series IMO.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, evan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers win this one in 5-6. They have a waaaaaaaaay better rotation than the Brewers and a deeper lineup. Brewers bullpen is good, but if their starters can't do well then it's not much of an advantage in a 7 game series IMO.

If they win a World Series the 25 prospects for Machado will be worth it 

9 hours ago, Allsnow said:

If they win a World Series the 25 prospects for Machado will be worth it 

They gave up a lot, but it's not like it thinned out their system too much. I don't think they mortgaged their future much (if at all).

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018/8/24/17779560/los-angeles-dodgers-top-20-prospects-for-2018-mid-season-review