March 20-22 Winter Storm Threat Part I - Page 179 - Archived Storm Threads - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
earthlight

March 20-22 Winter Storm Threat Part I

Just now, Frankdp23 said:

Just switched to an all light snow here as well, so about 30 miles north of where that cutoff

Little light snow in Hillsborough as well..so Making it up to all parts of Somerset County.

• Like 2

546/552 heights are again further west. The confluence on the eastern flank of the northern 540 line is a touch stronger. So it should come up further nw earlier before making the turn east.

9 minutes ago, NSFW Weather Guy said:

The whole trough looks shifted slightly West on nam so far

index.gif.19f74d1c194c5dd19cdb0b7c57da5304.gif

• Like 4

When you are *just* inside the gradient of immense lift, the confluent flow to the north actually works to compress and enhance the banding and lift.

There will be an intense northern fringe band with this storm. 

• Like 4

Just now, earthlight said:

When you are *just* inside the gradient of immense lift, the confluent flow to the north actually works to compress and enhance the banding and lift.

Happened in 2016. I was in it in southern Sussex county NJ. I was a short distance from @NJwxguy78 and had a ton more snow in the same county. 

• Like 3

Just now, earthlight said:

And that alone is one reason why riding the fringe just north of the city and into part of N/C NJ might be hugely beneficial. 

• Like 4