Mid/Long Range Winter Pattern Discussion - Page 4 - Archived Storm Threads - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
NSFW Weather Guy

Mid/Long Range Winter Pattern Discussion

37 minutes ago, Morris said:

Another noreaster on April 1st on the GFS. can it trend colder? Verbatim it only has some backside snow for us. 

850mb and 925mb are below freezing pretty much. The BL is too warm. 

Yea verbatim that great lakes low mucks up the bl.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

CPC tellies

NAO and AO are dropping towards negative by April 1

PNA will be rising by April 1.

GFS and Euro show a coastal around April 1.

I hope it’s a rainstorm 

27 minutes ago, WxLover said:

So what's the chance we can get a 20+ inch snowstorm for NW, NJ in April?

Bring it up the coast this time and add interior New England. NW Vermont would be nice over into the Dacks ❄️

• Like 4

On 3/21/2018 at 7:16 AM, weathersolo said:

I am not so sure that Winter is really over after next weeks warm-up.  Looks like some blocking comes back in early April with the trough reestablishing in the east.  We have seen snow in the Northeast as late as May 9th - 1977,  Over a foot of snow fell in the hills around CT.  The Lilacs were bet over with snow on them in lower elevations.  I remember it well back in high school....

1977 I was still a pup but when we were looking for houses up here about 3yrs ago, it was still snowing well into the mid April era.i was never so amazed..it snowed 2aprils ago but nothing last year in april.so I'm not surprised at all by this.Just have to wash my thinking cap,n pay attention to u all so I can learn what all the models who,what where and when's..I thought I kinda understood how to read a a model but after this winter I'm Soo confused..??

• Like 2

I know its the CFSv2 but it has been preforming amazing all year, had the storm that happened yesterday on February 18th, over a month in advance. We should put some weight into this.DY51XSpX0AAdXIB.jpgDY51do2X0AEnFQC.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Morris said:

Another noreaster on April 1st on the GFS. can it trend colder? Verbatim it only has some backside snow for us. 

850mb and 925mb are below freezing pretty much. The BL is too warm. 

For what it is worth the CFS was showing this trend over a month ago, now we have the EPS, ECMWF, GEFS, and GFS showing it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mbaer1970 said:

For what it is worth the CFS was showing this trend over a month ago, now we have the EPS, ECMWF, GEFS, and GFS showing it.

It would be interesting if it developed into a tropical entity of some sort, SSTs are marginally favorable for tropical systems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rygar said:

Please, let's start to root for this instead...

gfs_T2m_us_53.png

No way. Need a time machine till December. 

• Like 4