dmillz25

2018 New York Yankees

Just for @toad strangler. Monster lineup and bullpen. Starting Pitching is the wildcard but will be better than last year 

According to the Fangraphs' depth chart projections (which are a combination of ZiPS and Steamer projections), the Yankee pitching staff project to 23.5 WAR (2nd most behind only the Astros (24.8)), right in line with the Indians (23.4) and 3.5 ahead of the Red Sox. They project the Yanks to have three SP worth at least 3 WAR (which is an above average starter) and Severino projects to about 5 WAR. Montgomery and Sabathia project to 2.1 and 1.6 respectively, which is better than most teams' #4/5 starters. The only pitcher I think is iffy among those 5 is Sabathia just because I don't know how long he can continue to outpitch his peripherals and I'm not sure I'd bet on an aging pitcher sustaining soft contact rates. Even if he struggles, you guys have a solid prospect in Chance Adams. Montgomery has decent peripherals though he could have some longball issues at YS3 given his flyball tendencies. You guys should have one of the best rotations in the AL.

Should be a fun AL East race though. I think the Jays will be better this year as well though I still think the division comes down to the two of us. Go Red Sox. :) FWIW, Fangraphs' projected standings have the Yanks winning 95 games and winning the division by 2. Baseball Prospectus's projected standings have the Yanks winning 97 and winning the division by 8 games. 

• Like 1

Bird Out 6-8 weeks for ankle surgery 

Anyone have Sterling’s call for Stanton’s first homer as a yankee? 

• Like 1

Sterling is awful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, evan said:

Sterling is awful.

The A-bomb from Arod! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, evan said:

LMAO.

Check the francesa theard! Mad dog and Mike did a hour long show the other day. I thought it was great. 

• Like 1

That call is an absolute abomination. Stick to English John.  I can't wait to hear my father's reaction to that call! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Yooooooo Timmayyyyy.

This team is size man.

• Like 1

Judge 

Stanton 

Sanchez 

Gotta face them 4x a game,  good luck. 

The BP is the best in the game,  so get a lead or stay close after 6 and you will see that trio 2 more times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Yooooooo Timmayyyyy.

This team is size man.

Impossible to pitch to this line up! We have unreal power with a dominant bullpen