2018 New York Yankees - Page 2 - Sports - 33andrain Jump to content
dmillz25

2018 New York Yankees

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Impossible to pitch to this line up! We have unreal power with a dominant bullpen 

The system is so deep that we are going to get an A player at the deadline 

Depending on the need  , as of now if Donaldson was healthy , he would be at the top of the list but after watching him throw today , he's gona need surgery and I crossed him off 

I called Giancarlo early last year and this year I like Joey Votto , he's a great fit 

420 OB would play 30 100 and 120 walks in this lineup / stadium 

The Reds are horrible and Votto is owed 40 mill over the next 2 ( obv I think Bird is Nick Johnson ) 

Either way the system has too much talent and it could get thinned out a bit by Aug 1

I love Machado next year too 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Depending on the need  , as of now if Donaldson was healthy , he would be at the top of the list but after watching him throw today , he's gona need surgery and I crossed him off 

I called Giancarlo early last year and this year I like Joey Votto , he's a great fit 

The Reds are horrible and Votto is owed 40 mill over the next 2 ( obv I think Bird is Nick Johnson ) 

Either way the system has too much talent and it could get thinned out a bit by Aug 1

Agree. Our farm system is so deep whatever deficiencies we have will be solved around the deadline. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I think he is signed through 2022 or 2023.  I remember he signed a 10 yr contract few years ago. Not sure, too lazy to look it up.  Great player but he is in his mid 30's, maybe a couple of more years at high level then the inevitable decline.  Hope we hold on to our blue chip prospects but I guess you have to give to get.  Hoping for a top tier pitcher like Fulmer on Tigers(dreamer I know). His cost would be prohibitive.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, IamFenwick said:

I think he is signed through 2022 or 2023.  I remember he signed a 10 yr contract few years ago. Not sure, too lazy to look it up.  Great player but he is in his mid 30's, maybe a couple of more years at high level then the inevitable decline.  Hope we hold on to our blue chip prospects but I guess you have to give to get.  Hoping for a top tier pitcher like Fulmer on Tigers(dreamer I know). His cost would be prohibitive.  

Correct , there's 5 years left,  not 3 at 25 each.

He's 34 years old now so , 

34 35 36 37 38 . Those last 2 years will kill.

Donaldson would have been the perfect rental,  but he couldn't throw today.

I feel bad for him , he's in a contract year and he's trying to play thru it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PB GFI said:

Donaldson would have been the perfect rental,  but he couldn't throw today.

I feel bad for him , he's in a contract year and he's trying to play thru it

Ya thats not a good sign in april.. let alone march

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mriceyman said:

Ya thats not a good sign in april.. let alone march

Yep, the guy was a mvp the last few seasons. Now his stock is going to take a hit. 

• Like 2

the Yanks are a shoe in if no one important gets hurt which is always the case...having Judge and Stanton back to back is a Ruth Gehrig, Mantle Maris combo...in late 1959 the Yanks had Mickey Mantle and got Roger Maris from KC...This year getting Stanton is like having Roger Maris and acquiring Mickey Mantle...anything less than 90 homers from them will be disappointing...

• Like 2

Surreal, the backbone of the team, our relief core, and we are about to go 2-2 because tow of our strongest Betances ( though he has been questionable for long stretches) and P.R just laid a a huge egg in the form of grand slam to Yankee killer Smoak in the 8th inning no less.

NOT how I wanted the season starting!

Boone is an idiot, the bullpen still sucks, injuries are creeping up, the offense is too home run or bust.

90 wins.

The Yankees bullpen sucked? That's news to me.

Stop fretting, it's 4 out of 162 games. And it's not like they got swept, they split a series. The Yankees will be just fine, and I say this as a Sox fan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evan said:

The Yankees bullpen sucked? That's news to me.

Stop fretting, it's 4 out of 162 games. And it's not like they got swept, they split a series. The Yankees will be just fine, and I say this as a Sox fan.

Yep, all about winning series. 

Wow. What a catch 

Meh...it's early and the weather isn't ready for baseball yet 

Nice win in disgusting weather conditions. 

• Like 1

Phillies suck.  Disappointing. 

Didi is a monster. 

45 minutes ago, Adam said:

Phillies suck.  Disappointing. 

they've played 4 out of 162 games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaeld021 said:

dominate bullpen you say? 14ER in 15 innings. You guys have the best bullpen in the league..... at blowing leads. #LGM

It’s fans like you is why I hate the Mets. Win a title then talk your sh*t until then shut up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmillz25 said:

It’s fans like you is why I hate the Mets. Win a title then talk your sh*t until then shut up

and let me know when your fans dont boo your best player because of one bad game. thanks