2018 New York Yankees - Page 66 - Sports - 33andrain Jump to content
dmillz25

2018 New York Yankees

1 minute ago, evan said:

Kimbrel was flat out dominant in 2017 and did a great job preventing walks, but this year (and 2016) he's just struggled badly with command. He's only thrown 62% of his pitches for strikes compared to 68% last year. He's been especially bad since the ASB, walking 15 guys in his last 21.2 innings (not including the postseason).

He obviously didn’t trust his fast ball tonight. He also had zero command of his pitches. In the end, Cora made all the correct moves after game 2. In baseball momentum is the next days starter. Incredible win by the Red Sox’s.

Stanton should give back half his salary. Folded like a cheap suit

• Like 2

Alex Cora > Aaron Boone

• Like 2

Extremely disappointed, especially after last year's run. I believe in this team for the next few years. Young and tough. Don't agree with the live or die by home run philosophy, especially because it shows its true colors in postseason games like these. 

• Like 1

Yankee fans now wish that they never got Stanton and even some are saying trade Torrees for a pitcher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowman11 said:

Yankee fans now wish that they never got Stanton and even some are saying trade Torrees for a pitcher.

Trade a Rookie with alot of promise for a pitcher. Right

• Like 1

Stay classy Yankee fans

A beer was thrown at kimbrel when he was coming into the game and a few Redsox fans had beer thrown at them.

Hey Yankee Fans, the Red Sox won for 1 REASON and 1 REASON only!!!! 

They are the BETTER team. Why dont you give them credit instead of calling for Boone to be fired or this guy gone or that guy gone. 

The Yankees won 100 games this year despite all of the problems they had with injuries. They came on strong towards the end of the season and they beat a fiesta, determined Oakland A's team. 

I am disappointed that they lost but this team has a great future and will only get better. 

As far as Boone goes, give him a break. He had his first season managing and while he was not perfect and he did make his mistakes, he still was able to guide them to a 100 win season in his rookie year as manager which only Ralph Hook (109 wins in 1961) and Dick Howser (103 wins in 1980) did in the History of Yankee Managers. 

AND for those of you who are Boston Red Sox Fans.........I do not to ever hear "Bucky F**ing Dent" or "Aaron F**ing Bone" ever again from you. This is now the 2nd Consecutive time the Red Sox have beaten the Yankees in the playoffs and they once again celebrated in Yankee Stadium. Whatever was left over from "The Curse" is now gone forever. If you dont like the Yankees, thats fine, you shouldn't and we can continue the rivalry......but no more frothing of the mouth I want to punch you in the face because of Oct 1978. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snywx said:

Stanton should give back half his salary. Folded like a cheap suit

19 hours ago, snywx said:

Alex Cora > Aaron Boone

Totally agree.  I know I am hard on Stanton all the time but unfortunately he couldn't change the narrative.  Pressure + Stanton = failure.  Michael Kay had a great point today.  He mentioned how Yankee fans are comparing Arod to Stanton.  He said Arod was a far better player than Stanton.  Arod created his own failures while Stanton is not a very good hitter.  He will hit home runs but with tons of strike outs, mediocre average and prolonged slumps.  Another 9 years with this bum.  I really hopes he make me eat crow.  He had his chance multiple times but, well...you know the story.

• Like 1

Francesca is correct with his thoughts on Stanton. He doesn’t fit well on the Yankees. That’s not to say he isn’t good, it’s just a bad fit having another home run hitter in that spot. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Francesca is correct with his thoughts on Stanton. He doesn’t fit well on the Yankees. That’s not to say he isn’t good, it’s just a bad fit having another home run hitter in that spot. 

I agree with him here as well.  He was totally not needed and doesn't fit.  But I think they are stuck with him unless they can sucker a deal with the Dodgers.  They would be the one team that would maybe take him. 

• Like 2

the Yankees lineup will be fine. you faced a team that had the 3rd best ERA+ in MLB. I think baseball fans forget that these teams are facing the best lineups and pitching staffs in baseball and don't give those teams enough credit.

"stuck" with a dude with a career 143 OPS+ and possibly on his way to Cooperstown. just tragic.

• Like 1

Didi needs Tommy John surgery, hurt his elbow in Boston. 

13 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Didi needs Tommy John surgery, hurt his elbow in Boston. 

At least if he gets it now there is a chance he can be back by the All-Star break, maybe a little sooner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frankdp23 said:

At least if he gets it now there is a chance he can be back by the All-Star break, maybe a little sooner.

Agree! Plus it’s not like he is a pitcher. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 10:08 AM, evan said:

the Yankees lineup will be fine. you faced a team that had the 3rd best ERA+ in MLB. I think baseball fans forget that these teams are facing the best lineups and pitching staffs in baseball and don't give those teams enough credit.

"stuck" with a dude with a career 143 OPS+ and possibly on his way to Cooperstown. just tragic.

You would be singing a different tune if we had JD and you had him. Did you happen to watch the Yankees this year?  He did it all year vs good and sub par pitching.  All to often his stats were meaningless during games.  Either insurmountable deficits or with big leads.  He was really good for a third of the season and barely mediocre for 2/3rds . He is not a good fit.  HR or nothing is just too common on this team.  Cash needs to sprinkle some pixie dust on some GMs during the winter meetings.  Maybe he can get a sucker, um...I mean trade partner to listen.

8 minutes ago, IamFenwick said:

You would be singing a different tune if we had JD and you had him. Did you happen to watch the Yankees this year?  He did it all year vs good and sub par pitching.  All to often his stats were meaningless during games.  Either insurmountable deficits or with big leads.  He was really good for a third of the season and barely mediocre for 2/3rds . He is not a good fit.  HR or nothing is just too common on this team.  Cash needs to sprinkle some pixie dust on some GMs during the winter meetings.  Maybe he can get a sucker, um...I mean trade partner to listen.

Stanton vs. sub-.500 teams in 2018: .232/.329/.438, 12 doubles, 20 home runs in 407 PA 

Stanton vs. .500+ teams in 2018: .310/.362/.601, 22 doubles, 1 triple, 18 home runs in 298 PA

He had an OPS over 1.000 against the Sox and Rays.

Also, 30 of his home runs were hit with the game within 3 runs.

Complaining about the offense that was 2nd in the AL in runs scored and led in home runs seems kind of silly. Seems to me like the biggest issue was the rotation depth and their inability to pitch deep into games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evan said:

Stanton vs. sub-.500 teams in 2018: .232/.329/.438, 12 doubles, 20 home runs in 407 PA 

Stanton vs. .500+ teams in 2018: .310/.362/.601, 22 doubles, 1 triple, 18 home runs in 298 PA

He had an OPS over 1.000 against the Sox and Rays.

Also, 30 of his home runs were hit with the game within 3 runs.

Complaining about the offense that was 2nd in the AL in runs scored and led in home runs seems kind of silly. Seems to me like the biggest issue was the rotation depth and their inability to pitch deep into games.

I said sub par pitching NOT TEAMS, This a quote from an article from September, not even including his abysmal clutch hitting in the post season:(rated the least clutch "star in the MLB")

Overall wRC+: 133

Clutch: -1.97

If Hicks and Judge want to feel better about their clutch performances, they can always look over to Giancarlo Stanton.

Mind you, the 28-year-old slugger has had his moments in 2018. He's clubbed four high-leverage home runs, including a walk-off against the Seattle Mariners on June 20.

Despite those, however, his returns have diminished as the leverage has gotten higher in 2018:

The power is nice, but Stanton is just a .196 hitter with a .250 on-base percentage in high-leverage spots. It doesn't help that he's tended to try to force things, as he has just a 7.1 BB% in high-leverage.

• Low Leverage: 147 wRC+
    • Medium Leverage: 130 wRC+
    • High Leverage: 68 wRC+
  • Like 1

^^^  By the way that article did not take into account his terrible September.  213 BA during crunch time when we were battling the A's.  5 HR, 3 of which came at the end of the season which were MEANINGLESS.  33 SO in 94 at bats.  From the outside looking in his numbers look good.  Watch the Yankees on a daily basis and you will see that sometimes numbers do in fact lie.

• Like 1

The Yankees will have 106 million $ to spend this year. 

The new cap is reset to 204 million and add to that the Yankees will trade Sonny Gray and keep that 6 million.

The Yankees will be in their 3rd year of a total rebuild. They will add 3 A players this year. 

Machado and Corbin are first and foremost and dont be surprised if Harper leaves the Nats they decide to rebuild so that will open the door for a run at Sherzer.

• Like 1